Sucessful stamping in Ottawa on Aug 12 with common muslim name

imsoftechie

Hi,

Firstly thanks to forum and it helped me prepared very well and cleared my stamping. Here is my experience.

Interview scheduled was on Aug 12 and i was very tensed with experiences that i came across with many people for the common muslim name in the last one year. My name is also a common name. On 10th Aug, i thought i would cancel my appointment as i was worried with common muslim name and also had some personal family issues on Aug 10th. In the past as i promised to my other friend that i would come with him to interview, who also had a common muslim name, i just went ahead to Ottawa by packing all the luggageas if im leaving the usa.

On Aug 11th my friend who is a very good guy picked me from home and we started our journey to Ottawa and reached there by Aug 11 evening.

We were little stressed and did prayers at night and did not had good sleep that night. Next day we got ready and checked all docs and went to consulate. Me and my friend are from the same employer and client on EVC model. We thought we should not go to same counter for interview as it will create problem for the guy who gets interviewed second. My friend assured me he will go second when we booked interview slot time as i was reluctant and dont want to put into trouble for anyone as it will create issue if both are interview at same counter. My friend went ahead of me and got interviewed first and irony is that i was interviewed immediately by the same consulate guy on the same counter after my friends interview. I thought i might not clear as having multiple people on same skills for the same employer and client will reduce dependency and visa officer wont be convinced. I was just praying that i should not go to same counter as my friends but Irony is i was called on same counter and here are the questions..

Me: Good morning sir. how are you doing
Vo: Good .

VO: You work for which company
Me: XYZ

VO: Do you know the guy who got just interviewed
Me: yes

VO: Does he work with you and is really for the abc client
Me: yes works for abc client.

Vo: whats your role..
Me: explained in detailed role for a min

VO: How long you working for employer

Me: xx months

VO: How long are you in us
Me: x..  years

VO: Whats your education.
Me: Bachedlors in engineering

VO: From where
Me: I said college name..

VO: is it a university
Me: No university is osm....

VO: Which company you worked previosuly
Me: ABC...

VO: explain me your role there
Me: said few roles..

VO: are you doing the same role here
Me: yes and few more additional stuff im doing

VO: you changed employer and howz your new employer related to same client
Me: my employer has relationship with client and few employees work for the same client

VO: Is your role same as the other guy who works at the client place
Me: No i work on different and complex modules and do lots of programming..

VO: Smiled and said your visa is approved and you can check status in 1- 3 days
Me: Thank you sir and have a great day...

My friend also had similar questions and few extra questions which were not asked to me are listed below and he was grilled on below as well and his interview also took 6-10 min like me.

VO: Explain me the pattern on how you working for same client with many employers...
My friend had to explain every employer and said they have existing relationship as there employees work there.

VO:ask who supervise you and client manager related questions:
Ans:Always employer supervises you and client monitors work

VO: do you interact daily with client manager
ANs : yes

VO: why did u change your employer
ans: career growth and opportunity

VO: how is your career growing working for same client
ans: working with current employer also expanded my role and technologies helping me to grow..

We both got  visa approved and its definitely because of blessings of parents, friends and well wishers as we went with 0% approval chance to interview and thought 221G waiting for common name.

Confidence is the key and have all documents ready. I would encourage all guys that dont worry about common name and you should go for interview if you got all proper documents and then rest leave it to destiny and do your best.

One more thing if you do something for the sake of others and fullfill your promise, blessings come to you and protect you even hardships come in disguise and you will see success ..

Good luck everyone ...

Congratulations. That is great news. I wanted to share my experience so that people can have better information. I have a common Muslim name too. 

First stamping : H1b 2005 for a top tier IT company ( CEO has the same name as this website ;-)). No issues. Visa stamped for 3 years.

Second: 2007 - For a switch from H1 to F1 - 221(g) - 9 months to clear. Lost an academic year.

Never went to India till earlier this year. 

Third Visa interview: May 2013 - H1B for a well known Fortune 500 firm. Excellent and meticulous paper work by a well know Immigration firm. Interview was just 2 questions. Whom do you work for? What do you do for them? 30 sec max and then the consular officer said 'Sir your visa is approved. But we will have to do additional processing'. At that point I knew it was 221(g).

Got cleared today after waiting for 12+ weeks. I applied with for the interview with a petition valid till  Oct 2013. I had a valid extension petition approved till 2016 and had mentioned this to the visa officer and also gave a copy of the petition. The visa stamping I got is valid only till Oct 2013. So basically I waited for 12 weeks to get a visa valid for 8 weeks. The irony is that the consulate knew that I had an extended I797 approval as they returned the copy I gave at the time of the interview along with the passport today. It is what it is. now I have to deal with the Immigration officer at the POE. 

All interviews were at the Chennai Consulate. 

Archived