Self Sponsored Visa : Financial requirement

L1_to_H1

Hello,

I need some help regarding visitor visa for my parents. They are planning to come to US in next 6-8 months. My father is retired. I was wondering how much bank balance/income they need to have in order to get a self sponsored visitor visa.  What else documentation would help strengthen the case? Property papers? Local social involvement like residents welfare association working member? 

And also is it recommended that I sponsor their trip as they are retired. 

Any other suggestions are welcome !

Thanks 

Hello,

I need some help regarding visitor visa for my parents. They are planning to come to US in next 6-8 months. My father is retired. I was wondering how much bank balance/income they need to have in order to get a self sponsored visitor visa.  What else documentation would help strengthen the case? Property papers? Local social involvement like residents welfare association working member? 

And also is it recommended that I sponsor their trip as they are retired. 

Any other suggestions are welcome !

Thanks 

There is no specific amount required to be shown. Ask them to get all their movable and immovable properties evaluated by a chartered and get a financial statement. More than the financial part they should be able to demonstrate strong ties to India (convince VO that they will come back to India after their stay period)

Property papers? Local social involvement like residents welfare association working member? 

Yes, those kind of documents makes case stronger. Documents should prove that your parents will come back after the visit, like property etc. Bank balance doesn't add since the amount can be transferred at any time.

And if possible, you stay away from this process.

what if my employer sponsor's their visit? My employer offers me a trip to India along with my wife every 18 months.. Its a long shot but in some cases when employee does not want to travel they can opt to bring a blood relative from India for a trip.. 

I think your employer is not sponsoring the visa, he is sponsoring the trip that means ready to pay your trip expenses. I am 99% sure about this.

Coming to your parents visa, in what way your parents are related to your employer??

I think your employer is not sponsoring the visa, he is sponsoring the trip that means ready to pay your trip expenses. I am 99% sure about this.

Coming to your parents visa, in what way your parents are related to your employer??

I agree with Rahul, do not complicate the situation by involving your employer. Let your parents get their documents ready and apply for a visitor visa. 

I agree with Rahul, do not complicate the situation by involving your employer. Let your parents get their documents ready and apply for a visitor visa. 

My bad. Indeed the employer will sponsor the trip.. not the visa ! Thanks guys.. I will start gathering documents.. Do you guys have any list of documents ?

Archived