H1B stamping help..Passport expiring in 2014 August

kiranbodu

I have my Visa stamping date on Oct23rd and my passport is expiring on 2014 August.

My H1b valid until 2015 November. I am confused on how am I gonna get my visa stamped how long will I get the validity as my passport is expiring in 2014

Is there a way I can get the new passport prior to my visit to canada?

You can get a new passport from an Indian consulate in 3 to 4 weeks. Yes, you need to make changes in DS160 application. But, I believe somewhere in this forum I read that expiry of passport is immaterial as visa gets stamped till the petition validity but I94 document will be based on passport expiry. Just search for discussed topic or wait for senior members to provide an answer.

HI All

Need a help My H1  application is approved and planning to book an appointment for the interview next month but I lost my passport  and applied for a new passport,will it make any difference if i fill the DS-160 for with a new passport number as my H1 is approved on my old passport number.

It should be fine. Just carry proof that you lost your old passport (like copy of police complaint)

Archived