Company or Self or Brother Sponsorship for B2 (Spouse Accompanying B1)

starpeople

Hi - I have a B1 visa for the last 5 years and am working for the same company (small startup). I am attending an event in New York and would like to take my wife and kid along.

The company is willing to sponsor for my wife and kid. What is the best approach while showing to the visa officer

- Company letter showing that they are bearing the cost of the trip expenses including ticket, hotel stay and food

- Personal letter (mine) showing that I am ready to bear those costs. My last year IT returns are poor though salary this year is high.

- Get an invitation letter from my brother who is staying there in US

Also, should we take the appointment for the kid at the same time as my wife or can we apply after 1-2 days after my wife gets it. 

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply. I am hesitant to get company sponsorship as it is only for one week event and then 3 weeks vacation trip.

What answer should my wife give when asked why would a company sponsor for the 3 weeks pleasure? Or should we just say that for the first one week, company would do it (tickets and one week hotel) and the rest, we would do it on our own.

Does it sound good? I do not want VO to start doubting why would a company sponsor for our pleasure trip.

Archived