H1B Petition with incorrect\old I-94 and travel information

papavisa

Hi,

I'm in USA currently in L1-B.

My current employer applied for this year's H1B quota and the petition status is in 'Post Decision Activity' and text below it says "On August 8, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. "

1) Is this an approval of H1B? If yes, is there any other formalities remaining with USCIS and\or with my employer?

While looking at my H1B petition documents, I just noticed that my employer has submitted H1B petition application (and supporting documents) without my most recent I-94 and travel information to India in Feb2013.
I travelled to India and returned in Feb2013. My passport has these travel dates and I got a new I-94 valid till 2015.
My L1-B Visa is expired on April2013 and my previous(old) I-94 was expiring on July2013.

My H1B petition application does not have the travel information provided below:

(a) Form I-129 Part3 - 'Date of Last arrival', 'I-94 number' and 'Date Status expires' fields does NOT have the new I-94 and travel dates.
(b) Form I-129 suppliment 'H' section 3 'List of prior periods of stay' does not show the 3 weeks gap due to my travel. 
© Supporting documents copies - Passport copy do not have the Feb2013 travel dates\stamps. I-94 copy is old I-94.

2) Will this cause any problem with my current H1B petition status and\or for future H1B VISA stamping OR for extension filing OR for changing to another company?
3) Do I or my employer need to inform USCIS regarding this discrepancy? If yes, please provide more information on what all need to be done.

I will be applying for H4 for my wife (who is currently in L2 with me in US).
4) Will these travel dates discrepancies cause any problem with my wife's H4 application? Should H4 application need to wait until I get the above things corrected?

Please provide your valuable inputs and suggestions.

Thank you,
AP.

Archived