Can I file H1B Ammendment before start of H1B status?

naresh2success

1. My New H1B approved in April 2013 with start date of Oct 1st 2013, I was working for XXX Client when it was approved and now I moved to YYY client so can I apply for ammendment now or should I have to wait till oct 1st since i am planning to attend interview in last week of Oct?

2. Does Ammendment would change any validity of approved period date?

Thanks,

Naresh.

1. My New H1B approved in April 2013 with start date of Oct 1st 2013, I was working for XXX Client when it was approved and now I moved to YYY client so can I apply for ammendment now or should I have to wait till oct 1st since i am planning to attend interview in last week of Oct?

2. Does Ammendment would change any validity of approved period date?

Thanks,

Naresh.

1. As per my guess you need to wait until oct 31st as an amendment is made on the existing H1B Petetion (check with your attorney)

2) Yes it do.

My also is the same situation.

Need to know when is the right time to file H1b amendment?

Why i cant file amendment before October 1st? Why cant August or Spetember ???

What is the reason behind this? 

Since we are working and just changed the job and location. 

One more last question. Can I attend Stamping in Sept while on OPT with out Ammendment and LCA Copies?

suppose VO asks to provide you a client letter and compares it with your I 129 they would not match right. 

And I think LCA starts some time in September i think you also need to carry it

My also is the same situation.

Need to know when is the right time to file H1b amendment?

Why i cant file amendment before October 1st? Why cant August or Spetember ???

What is the reason behind this? 

Since we are working and just changed the job and location. 

when ever we make amendment the start date on the Amended I 797 changes to approved date. As per my "GUESS" amendment can only apply when actual I 797 which is in use(for you actual I 797 starts from Oct 1st). So double check the same with a good Attorney and post the answer here as there might be many people similar to your situation.

Archived