Question on LCA filing - H1b Extension - URGENT

sivi3883

Hello All,

My employer filed a LCA last week for my H1b Extension. I got a question on the fields - Wage rate and Prevailing Wage on LCA. He gave lesser figures on Wage rate and Prevailing Wage than my old LCA, For example,

Old LCA - Wage rate was XXXXX and Prevailing Wage was YYYYY

New LCA - Wage rate is XXXXX - 10000$ and prevailing wage is YYYYY-10000$

When I inquired about this issue with my employer, he says its doesnt matter as long as it meets the minimum wage rate for my Job title. Is it true? There is NO change in my salary. I am not satisfied with his answer because when I went to visa stamping interview last time, the interviewer compared my pay slips and LCA wage rate. I am not sure what will happen now since the figures in my LCA will NOT match my payslip.

My new LCA is filed last week and its not yet approved. It would be really helpful if anyone can throws some suggestions please:(

Regards

Siva

Hello All,

My employer filed a LCA last week for my H1b Extension. I got a question on the fields - Wage rate and Prevailing Wage on LCA. He gave lesser figures on Wage rate and Prevailing Wage than my old LCA, For example,

Old LCA - Wage rate was XXXXX and Prevailing Wage was YYYYY

New LCA - Wage rate is XXXXX - 10000$ and prevailing wage is YYYYY-10000$

When I inquired about this issue with my employer, he says its doesnt matter as long as it meets the minimum wage rate for my Job title. Is it true? There is NO change in my salary. I am not satisfied with his answer because when I went to visa stamping interview last time, the interviewer compared my pay slips and LCA wage rate. I am not sure what will happen now since the figures in my LCA will NOT match my payslip.

My new LCA is filed last week and its not yet approved. It would be really helpful if anyone can throws some suggestions please:(

Regards

Siva

when you said about wage rates comparison between old and new lca's if the client and location is same then reducing the rates with minus $10000 needs to be answerable as the pay stubs rate remain same. 

This situation needs to be properly explained by your employer to you as you are answerable when you go for stamping 

Hello,

Thanks for your response. 

Yes. The client and location are the same.

I again talked to my employer and he says that its better to have minimum wage rate in the FROM field and nothing in the TO field. Seems that this LCA will hold good in the below scenarios:

1) If I get any salary hike, this new LCA will still hold good since TO field is empty 

2) If my salary is reduced, it must not go down below the FROM field.

This open LCA will be useful incase of the above scenarios. Do you agree?

Regards

Siva

Archived