PIMS Verification Process !!!URGENT!!!!

rsriyans

HI Guys, My employer has filled for an amendment couple of months ago and this was not done through attorney . Luckily my amendment was successful and now i am not sure whether it was updated in KCC PIMS database . As i am travelling to Vancouver for my H1 extension stamping, i would like not to get into any trouble, and would like to know if my petition was updated in PIMS . Assuming that my record is not updated in PIMS , I would like to know the process to update my information in PIMS DB prior to my H1b stamping .

Please let me know how this can be done .

Thanks  

HI Guys, My employer has filled for an amendment couple of months ago and this was not done through attorney . Luckily my amendment was successful and now i am not sure whether it was updated in KCC PIMS database . As i am travelling to Vancouver for my H1 extension stamping, i would like not to get into any trouble, and would like to know if my petition was updated in PIMS . Assuming that my record is not updated in PIMS , I would like to know the process to update my information in PIMS DB prior to my H1b stamping .

Thanks  

nothing to worry about PIMS if it is not updated it takes an extra day for them to Verify and provide you the stamped VISA.

Any how if you want to send an email format is here

PIMS

PIMS (verifying the details of approved petitions through the Petition Information Management Service (PIMS) via the Consular Consolidated Database (CCD)

Send this 1 week prior to your appointment to avoid 2-3 days of delay after your visa interview.

You will not get any response from the consulate but it works.

TO: PIMS@state.gov, 

vancouverNIV@state.gov

Hi Sir/Madam,

I am XXX bearing Indian passport: XXX, I have an appointment for visa stamping on XXX, I would like to verify my information inPIMS database.

Please find the attached petition (I-797) and appointment confirmation for more details.

Details:

Appointment confirmation:

Receipt Number: 

Petitioner:

Beneficiary: 

Passport Number: 

DOB: 

Classification: 

Starting Validity Date: 

Ending Validity Date: 

Thank you!

XXX

Thanks  

NO need to do anything. In fact you can't do anything on this. Whatever needed visa officer will do. Don't waste sending email for PMIS verification. PMIS verification usually takes 1-2 days extra. Nothing to worry on this. 

You cannot do that, that's not your job or responsibility.  It should be done internally, all you have to do is wait for one extra day after the interview if its not updated

Hi,

This is wrong. This is correct that its nobody's responsibility and its done internally. 

However, if PIMS update is not done ahead of time, in last step of visa interview, PIMS Check is done and if PIMS check is negative, alert goes to PIMS Team and they update it manually. However it takes time anywhere from 2 days to 10 business days and you end up waiting in Vancouver all this time. So better send this email and wait. It sure works. But don't sent them emails unnecessarily. 

Hi rsiryans,

I was having the same kind of concerns during my stamping. In the past, there was a collect call service which was maintained by a 3rd party org who will charge you for PIMS verification. But now that is not available. I tried calling the Ottawa consulate last March (during my Visa) and this is what I was told by a phone rep: We try to verify the applicants' information w/USCIS by sending the confirmation numbers a week ahead, which means that the consulate sends the information of all the applicants appearing for interview the following week. Her advise was to submit (not complete) the DS 160 at least 5 business days prior to the interview date. 

This was the information I received and I am sharing my experience only. If there is a different process to get the PIMS verified ahead of time with the attorney you should consider that. My attorney said that there is no such way.

Good Luck

Hi rsiryans,

I was having the same kind of concerns during my stamping. In the past, there was a collect call service which was maintained by a 3rd party org who will charge you for PIMS verification. But now that is not available. I tried calling the Ottawa consulate last March (during my Visa) and this is what I was told by a phone rep: We try to verify the applicants' information w/USCIS by sending the confirmation numbers a week ahead, which means that the consulate sends the information of all the applicants appearing for interview the following week. Her advise was to submit (not complete) the DS 160 at least 5 business days prior to the interview date. 

This was the information I received and I am sharing my experience only. If there is a different process to get the PIMS verified ahead of time with the attorney you should consider that. My attorney said that there is no such way.

Good Luck

Good Info

Hi,

This is wrong. This is correct that its nobody's responsibility and its done internally. 

However, if PIMS update is not done ahead of time, in last step of visa interview, PIMS Check is done and if PIMS check is negative, alert goes to PIMS Team and they update it manually. However it takes time anywhere from 2 days to 10 business days and you end up waiting in Vancouver all this time. So better send this email and wait. It sure works. But don't sent them emails unnecessarily. 

I am sure it won't work. But that's up to you now. One of my friend did it and nothing happened.

Hello Guys,

The PIMS update will take 3 to 4 weeks after the Petition got approved.

In my case I applied for my H1 b Amendment on July 12th, Got approval on the 24th. My visa appointment date was Aug 9th @ Vancouver. 

I got 221 G  ( VO Wrote PIMS on the 221 G ( There is a section called others)  and told me currently we cannot approve your visa as we are not able to see your petition online. 

I will suggest , Wait for 3 , 4 weeks after your  h1b or amendment or what ever approval and go for visa stamping. 

I expected the ( PIMS is  not updated answer ) form VO , But I did not expect the 221 G . Most of the cases VO said visa approved but the PIMS is not updated it might take 3 to 5 business days. And most of them received Was your visa approved tracking sheet not 221 G. Even my roommate PIMS was not updated he got the tracking sheet not 221 G . It's all depends on the VO.

Before you go to the counter(visa)   its decided. When you are @ fingers print counter, She/ he  will check your Ds- 160 and your petition online. If she/He  finds everything ok, She/He will not write anything on Ds 160 form. If your pims is not updated. She/He  will write No PIMS in red color, There are some other key words like CEAC etc. 

The VO questions are just to make sure whether you are giving the correct info and its matching your documentation or not. 

My interview is on Friday , Weekends holidays. Today is Monday , My fingers are crossed. 

As your employer applied for amendment a couple of months back I think you are good to go .  All the best

Archived