Regarding RFE on CPT

Prat

Thanks JoeF for clearing the confusion. Then i am good to go. my employer has a in house project the time.. Then i dont need cot. i think i will take cpt once my h1 get approved. probably i will take cpt in May 2014 so i can work untill oct1st then start my h1b. 

Have you not read my post???

Forget CPT. Cut that acronym out of your vocabulary.

Geez.

Oh God, after explaining clearly you still want to go for CPT for FTE. I give up.

I am not going for FTE anymore. 

The uni which will gonna give me a CPT that university is state Uni and very reputable. its public-non profit as well. In order to issue CPT I20 - the only thing school DSO need is job offer letter and she want me to register for the course which is come related to my work. Like if i register for MS or any other computer programming related courses then she will issue i20 rightaway. The reason i am gonna get CPT is because its very Reputable school. They have evening classes which i have to attend 2days a week. so 8days a month. Its not cheap or private profit school. she said they have people are doing intern with CPT. This uni wont accept application without TOEFL(+i79) or needs to be higher GPA(+3.0 or more). 

I know i am not gonna get CPT from school lilke GBC or Infoserve or Robert Moriss. 

. Like if i register for MS or any other computer programming related courses then she will issue i20 rightaway. The reason i am gonna get CPT is because its very Reputable school.

If you are getting an I20(admission ) within couple of days then I am sure something is wrong. Usually admission process for any real university takes 3-4 months.

the only thing school DSO need is job offer letter and she want me to register for the course which is come related to my work.

That's what most of the people do. Just register for some courses but work on CPT, this was the reason why students were arrested and interrogated.

BTW what type of job you are intending to do in CPT??Are willing to finish the course or not?? In other words, you are joining some school just to stay in US not to be in status.

@forme...instead of messing with your legal status here..why dont you go back to Hyd and come back next yr...if you get involved in some shady stuff it will come back to bite you.

listen to senior members here...they are more experienced.

Some people seem to want to learn the hard way....

I expect her to come back here and ask for help next year when her H1 get denied due to abuse of CPT...

If you are getting an I20(admission ) within couple of days then I am sure something is wrong. Usually admission process for any real university takes 3-4 months.

That's what most of the people do. Just register for some courses but work on CPT, this was the reason why students were arrested and interrogated.

BTW what type of job you are intending to do in CPT??Are willing to finish the course or not?? In other words, you are joining some school just to stay in US not to be in status.

Dude. I am not really worrying about how long does it take to get in to the school or what not. It will take 3 to 4 weeks to process the admission application. once they issue the acceptance letter then i have to send over to my previous school and they have to transfer my Sevis record to new school. The school is going to start from Jan 2014, but they are going to keep my sevis record ACTIVE until Jan 2014(Until sem-school start). In-between the time i can go visit india and will comeback in Jan 2014.thank you rahul and JoeF for your input. 

Some people seem to want to learn the hard way....

I expect her to come back here and ask for help next year when her H1 get denied due to abuse of CPT...

It WONT. I can guarantee you. i am talking about rigthnow and you are talking about next year. CPT will work. ofcoz, it will work only you are smart or only if you know how to use it. thats all. its depends on the person how they using it. and i got the advice from best firm in the USA. you know what if mean if you think you are a smart. JoeF. 

@forme...instead of messing with your legal status here..why dont you go back and come back next yr...if you get involved in some shady stuff it will come back to bite you.

listen to senior members here...they are more experienced.

I am not involving in shady college. NO thats not me. 

I got advice from a lawyer and i am following lawyer.

Dude. I am not really worrying about how long does it take to get in to the school or what not. It will take 3 to 4 weeks to process the admission application. once they issue the acceptance letter then i have to send over to my previous school and they have to transfer my Sevis record to new school. The school is going to start from Jan 2014, but they are going to keep my sevis record ACTIVE until Jan 2014(Until sem-school start). In-between the time i can go visit india and will comeback in Jan 2014.thank you rahul and JoeF for your input. 

So after getting the admission, are you gonna work in CPT??

Okay, take a look at this. The only difference here is the school name, but that guy did the same what you are about to do

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/63326-h1b-approved-but-change-of-status-denied-filed-mtr-now-what/

So after getting the admission, are you gonna work in CPT??

I believe. They have not mention LAW for first sem CPT is abuse and violation of status. 

Yes My program is going to require that experience when i enrolled. 

I am not saying. 

http://www.ice.gov/sevis/practical-training/

CPT
  • CPT must relate to your major and the experience must be part of your program of study.
  • When you enroll at the graduate level, your designated school official (DSO) may authorize CPT during your first semester if your program requires this type of experience.  Ask your DSO for details.
  • Your DSO will provide you a new Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status,” that shows that the DSO has approved you for this employment.
  • You can work on CPT either full-time or part-time.
  •  

• CPT requires a signed cooperative agreement or a letter from your employer.
    • If you have 12 months or more of full-time CPT, you are ineligible for OPT, but part-time CPT is fine and will not stop you from doing OPT

Okay, take a look at this. The only difference here is the school name, but that guy did the same what you are about to do

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/63326-h1b-approved-but-change-of-status-denied-filed-mtr-now-what/

The link that you sent is seems like that guy was in shady institute. when they review the file and see the i20 from this kind of school they always make it trouble. ofcoz. Most of the time they reject COS when they use CPT from shady school. after all its luck. we can not say anything. 

It WONT. I can guarantee you. i am talking about rigthnow and you are talking about next year. CPT will work. ofcoz, it will work only you are smart or only if you know how to use it. thats all. its depends on the person how they using it. and i got the advice from best firm in the USA. you know what if mean if you think you are a smart. JoeF. 

And you will get into trouble.

Well, you are an adult. You are free to kill your future in the US any way you want.

I believe. They have not mention LAW for first sem CPT is abuse and violation of status. 

Yes My program is going to require that experience when i enrolled. 

I am not saying. 

http://www.ice.gov/sevis/practical-training/

CPT
  • CPT must relate to your major and the experience must be part of your program of study.
  • When you enroll at the graduate level, your designated school official (DSO) may authorize CPT during your first semester if your program requires this type of experience.  Ask your DSO for details.
  • Your DSO will provide you a new Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status,” that shows that the DSO has approved you for this employment.
  • You can work on CPT either full-time or part-time.
  •  

• CPT requires a signed cooperative agreement or a letter from your employer.
    • If you have 12 months or more of full-time CPT, you are ineligible for OPT, but part-time CPT is fine and will not stop you from doing OPT

That's what CPT is about.

So now you tell how, the work which you are going to do in CPT from first semester will be part of your F1 program?? What F1 program needs CPT from first semester??

• The link that you sent is seems like that guy was in shady institute. when they review the file and see the i20 from this kind of school they always make it trouble. ofcoz. Most of the time they reject COS when they use CPT from shady school. after all its luck. we can not say anything. 

It's not with the school. It's about the abuse of CPT by a student, my brother's friend is from one of the top public univ's in Texas. But he abused the CPT by working for a job which was not a part of his F1 and now his visa was rejected and went back to his home country. So here it was the student who misused the CPT not the school. That's what you are doing now.

Every university will issue CPT but student has to make sure that he/she is not misusing that CPT.

That's what CPT is about.

So now you tell how, the work which you are going to do in CPT from first semester will be part of your F1 program?? What F1 program needs CPT from first semester??

It's not with the school. It's about the abuse of CPT by a student, my brother's friend is from one of the top public univ's in Texas. But he abused the CPT by working for a job which was not a part of his F1 and now his visa was rejected and went back to his home country. So here it was the student who misused the CPT not the school. That's what you are doing now.

Every university will issue CPT but student has to make sure that he/she is not misusing that CPT.

Hey Rahul. Thank you for your information. I will see what i can do and going to hire firm. thank you

CPT from day one is abuse. Plain and simple. It is NOT legal.

If you do that, your career in the US will be over.

Forget CPT. Cut that acronym out of your vocabulary. CPT is dead. TVU killed it, and ******* and **** made sure it stays dead.

Have you not heard what happened to people at TVU?

Oh, and wanting to stay in the US is even against the F1 rules.

If you want to work, you need a work visa like the H1. If you didn't get an H1, you have to leave the country. An employer can still file an H1 for you next year, even if you are abroad.

So, again: Forget CPT. No real university gives out CPT from day one. Only frauds do that.

Stay away from any such frauds if you want to have a future in the US!

Let me tell you the hard fact, after your OPT exp your employer has to wait till Oct 1st to start working for them. I know this is not possible but this is the only option I see hear. And remember this time your attorney has to file under regular quota.

hey rahul and other expert member, need some info. 

I contact to my current school were my h1b got denied. Now my school dso said that I have to get an admission in school or transfer to other school with in 60days of grace period from the h1 application denial notice date. is that really true? Because i thought 60 days grace period count after expiring the OPT?

My Stem opt is expiring in end of the Oct month and my 60days grace period is of getting over on 1st week of Oct. 

What should i do ? should i use my OPT until end of the Oct and work with current company or just go ahead and transfer the school in first week of the oct month? 

In my Denial Notice:- The beneficiary may remain in the current nonimmigrant status for 60 days period from the date of denial of the present petition to prepare for departure from US. or transfer in accordance with 8 CFR 214.2(f)(8). 

Do you guys think that my school DSO has lied to me about 60days time count after the h1b denial notice received? Thank you 

Archived