H1B visa refusal - DUI related

snk321bits

Hi all,

I am a full time mechanical researcher (direct hire) with an automobile supplier company. I had a DUI in USA on September 15, 2012 which was later reduced to Driving while visibly impaired. I was given a one year probation which will last till November 2013. I paid all the court fines and finished all the other formalities like community service, counselling sessions. During the day of my judgement I even got permission from the judge saying I can leave USA to India to visit my parents (which is clearly visible in my court disposition orders).

I went to Visa interview for H1B stamping at Hyderabad consulate on Jul 29th, 2013. The VO just looked at my details and asked me if I was into any trouble the last time I was in USA. I mentioned about the DUI incident. She then pulled out a 221(g) white form and gave it to me saying, please contact the physician mentioned on the form and get a medical evaluation from him. She later only asked my job designation before I left. 

I had my medical evaluations completed by August 2nd, 2013 with the designated physician. Today August 6th, 2013 when I checked my visa status at https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?, the visa status changed from "Administrative Processing" to " Refused". 

Can some one tell me where I can find the reason for the refusal or how to proceed further? I am clueless of what to do, since even if I re-apply I might be rejected for the same unknown reason.  I am confident that nothing might have went wrong with the medical evaluation since I remained a teetotaler since the DUI incident happened. 

• 1 month later...

Archived