EB3 - EB2 Portability - Need Valuable Inputs

Hello ,

I have Valid I 140 from Company 'A' under EB3 (PD - Dec 2009) and Now my new company 'B'  Started my green card under EB2 and Labor got  Approved.

So the Question is when do we need to port my previous company 'A' Priority Date, is it at the time of I 140 Submission or 485 submission.

Also do we need to reveal any information at the time of submission of my labor(which got approved and as per my employer he has not revealed any thing at the time of labor submission)

Can you please advise.

Thanks for Help.

-Raj

Hello ,

I have Valid I 140 from Company 'A' under EB3 (PD - Dec 2009) and Now my new company 'B' Started my green card under EB2 and Labor got Approved.

So the Question is when do we need to port my previous company 'A' Priority Date, is it at the time of I 140 Submission or 485 submission.

Also do we need to reveal any information at the time of submission of my labor(which got approved and as per my employer he has not revealed any thing at the time of labor submission)

Can you please advise.

Thanks for Help.

-Raj

I-140 stage is when it will have to be ported. Your attorney will ask you for copy of old I-140 approval notice. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

njdude,

Do we need to have the copy of I-140 approval notice to port to another employer. My current employer has not shared the I-140 approval notice as per the corporate policy. I am planning to join another employer and port the EB-3 case to EB-2 category. I have the receipt number issued when the I-140 petition was applied and it has got approved. Please let me know if it is mandatory to have the approval notice copy to port to another employer. Thank you in advance.

~Crackerjack

njdude,

Do we need to have the copy of I-140 approval notice to port to another employer. My current employer has not shared the I-140 approval notice as per the corporate policy. I am planning to join another employer and port the EB-3 case to EB-2 category. I have the receipt number issued when the I-140 petition was applied and it has got approved. Please let me know if it is mandatory to have the approval notice copy to port to another employer. Thank you in advance.

~Crackerjack

Receipt number is find. File FOIA request and you should be able to get copy of I-140. Since you already have application number, FOIA should be easy process.

Archived