Client Changes while h1b processing, and USCIS issues RFE on petition

h1buser101

Hi –

I have applied for H1b application this year 2013, while my H1b application was processing, I had to change my client because of my previous project was over with OLD client. Now I have RFE on my petition, and USCIS is asking to show a Valid Employer-Employee relationship with my OLD client, however since my client has changed, I would need advise on how to move forward to response on RFE:

Below are my questions, if you can advise, thanks

1.        Since my Client changed while h1b was processing – Will USCIS demand that we need to re-file the H1b petition with new client information? and current H1b petition will be invalid because of client has changed?

2.       LCA: My Employer has not filed for my LCA with new client, and per my Employer we don’t need an LCA if the client changes but in within 50 miles radius.

I would appreciate if you can take time to review above, thanks

Hi –

I have applied for H1b application this year 2013, while my H1b application was processing, I had to change my client because of my previous project was over with OLD client. Now I have RFE on my petition, and USCIS is asking to show a Valid Employer-Employee relationship with my OLD client, however since my client has changed, I would need advise on how to move forward to response on RFE:

Below are my questions, if you can advise, thanks

1.        Since my Client changed while h1b was processing – Will USCIS demand that we need to re-file the H1b petition with new client information? and current H1b petition will be invalid because of client has changed?

2.       LCA: My Employer has not filed for my LCA with new client, and per my Employer we don’t need an LCA if the client changes but in within 50 miles radius.

I would appreciate if you can take time to review above, thanks

All you need is a letter from your OLD client with EE relationship mentioned in it. But how can you get that letter when you no longer working at that client location. Hence proved, consulting doesn't work for H1.

Archived