Return flight ticket to US required?

IndianOnVisa

Hello friends,

Since the Canadian visa we get is a Visitor visa (Temporary Resident Visa when we go for visa stamping), is there a requirement that we need to book a return flight and show it to the flight authorities/Canadian port-of-entry in order to be able to land in Canada? 

Has anyone booked it? Please throw in some light. My visa slot is this month end and I need to book a flight but unsure to book one-way or return ticket.

Appreciate very much your response. Thanks for the help. 

Hello friends,

Since the Canadian visa we get is a Visitor visa (Temporary Resident Visa when we go for visa stamping), is there a requirement that we need to book a return flight and show it to the flight authorities/Canadian port-of-entry in order to be able to land in Canada? 

Has anyone booked it? Please throw in some light. My visa slot is this month end and I need to book a flight but unsure to book one-way or return ticket.

Appreciate very much your response. Thanks for the help. 

Every visitor at POE is expected to have return ticket.

Every visitor at POE is expected to have return ticket.

I don't think so....we can show we came for stamping and will leave once its done...most of the people are booking their return tickets only after getting their passport after stamping..

I don't think so....we can show we came for stamping and will leave once its done...most of the people are booking their return tickets only after getting their passport after stamping..

I don't know how it works in case of H1 visa stamp. But officer will expect return ticket, if not what's the proof that they will return back?

I traveled to Canada once for tourism purpose, not for H1 visa. I  drove from Detroit.

They asked me the reason for travel and I said tourism and they said how many days, I said 3 days (I have TRV for 6 months)...they did not ask any proof to show that I will return back to US in 3 days or whatever...

I don't know how it works in case of H1 visa stamp. But officer will expect return ticket, if not what's the proof that they will return back?

I traveled to Canada once for tourism purpose, not for H1 visa. I  drove from Detroit.

They asked me the reason for travel and I said tourism and they said how many days, I said 3 days (I have TRV for 6 months)...they did not ask any proof to show that I will return back to US in 3 days or whatever...

Got it.

Archived