COS: F2 to F1 Status and Processing Times.

cosf2tof1June2013

Hi All,

I have applied for F2-to-F1 change of status. Since the Fall semester is starting soon, I would like to know what the processing times are and if anyone has got their decisions recently. The USCIS website says the processing times for I-539 (all categories) is 2.5 months.

Please share your experience so that all can know at what stage their applications are likely to be in.

Thanks.

Center: Vermont Service Center
Date Application Received by USCIS: 05/29/2013

• 2 weeks later...

Quite sad...

I applied almost 3 months ago. I called them twice to expedited and both requests were denied. Still Initial Review status with no further information. I mailed to Dallas and transferred to Vermont.

I'm in the school but could not check in. My assistantship is about to be canceled...

Hope of miracle... Good luck guys.

Hello YC1,

I am also in the same boat as you. In my School document check in deadline is 23rd Aug, have no clue what should I do. When did you apply and when documents were optimized. I applied on 3rd of June and to optimize the documents it took them nearly a month that is 2nd July. The important question is " Can you start the school now and once you get the VISA you can check in your documents : Is it possible". 

Wish you all a better luck. 

Thanks for your time 

Hi all,

I have already discussed with UNIV DSO and she said that we can defer I-20 depending on my COS case status like my univ  start date in fist week of Sep if my COS approved date after first week of sep they can defer my I-20 for next semester.

So depending on our COS status we can defer I-20.Once COS accepted we have to start studies in first available semester.

I am still waiting thinking defer admission depending on my COS.

All the best guys.

Thanks,

Hi,

My package should be received by them on May 24, and there is no any feedback. No date update, no information update, etc...

The DSO of my school said I could still get in if COS came 1 month after registration day, as long as the program director agrees (Luckily my director nice). After that, deferring to next semester is the only option, still depending on program director approval, as for DSO they can change semester easily.

For attending class... Well, officially not allowed, according to DSO. So I guess at least don't make any troubles on campus.

Let's see and hope...

Archived