F2 denied Can I apply for F1?

ragz226

Hi in december 2012 i applied for my wife's F2 visa while was working here on OPT Extension. I have my opt extension till Dec 2013 but she got denied that time a 221g form was given as the reason which means potential immigrant. I  applied for H1 this year but it got denied now i am in a confused state, i wanted to pursue another master's or Phd,i am confused now that shall i apply for F2 again for my wife after i enroll for courses at the new university or is it suggested to apply for a f1 visa for my wife? Does applying for a f1 visa increase even more chances to imply a potential immigrant intent to the VO? Please suggest

Hmm, if you want to go for a PhD, why did you get an employer to file an H1 for you?

For an F1, the person has to have the intent to go back to the home country after finishing the studies.

It seems that you are more interested about staying in the US than getting a PhD.

Then why did you filed for H1??

What's the reason for H1 rejection??

OP's H1 got denied because he attended in a non-accrediated school.

I did not originally plan for another master's but as my H1 was denied stating the univ did not meet the requirements i was thinking i would do another master's in an accredited univ and then apply for H1 in 2016, please let me know if i can apply for my wife's visa and what would be better a f1 or f2. Thanks

I did not originally plan for another master's but as my H1 was denied stating the univ did not meet the requirements i was thinking i would do another master's in an accredited univ and then apply for H1 in 2016, please let me know if i can apply for my wife's visa and what would be better a f1 or f2. Thanks

previous denial could impact present one...rather why spend and waste another 2 -3 yrs..just go back to your home country and stay happily with your wife..she'll also be happy that her husband is with her...dont stay apart.

F1 after H1 is very risky since you have already showed that you interested in doing job.

You should have changed the univ long back ago, it's late now.

F1 after H1 is very risky since you have already showed that you interested in doing job.

You should have changed the univ long back ago, it's late now.

i graduated from the univ 2 yrs back and there were no issues with the univ when i was in it or when i graduated. Everyone who applied for h1's under master's quota from that univ got approved as i told it was a matter of luck for me. The univ is running now and has accreditation now i just passed out a sem before the univ got it's accreditation which caused  all these problems

i graduated from the univ 2 yrs back and there were no issues with the univ when i was in it or when i graduated. Everyone who applied for h1's under master's quota from that univ got approved as i told it was a matter of luck for me. The univ is running now and has accreditation now i just passed out a sem before the univ got it's accreditation which caused  all these problems

I would say that you are lucky that you realized before H1 approval.

People who got their H1 with this degree will see the results later on. For example, recently a univ in VA was closed and now they are facing the problems.

So, it is ***...

That institution is still shady, do to the continued abuse of CPT that they are doing. They still likely have a visit of ICE in their future...

You likely will run into problems getting an F1 for another school, first because of attending an unaccredited institution, and second because you obviously don't intend to go back to your home country, which is required for an F1.

I would recommend you to apply for F-1 status and find a R.A or T.A in that university. I dont think this way, embassy rejects visa for spouse. 

and apply for her as well. Once you settle here for more than 4-5 years, its hard to settle back to your home country. 

You can't just leave and be happy up there. 

Its better to apply for Phd, or another master program or higher degree. 

Convince your wife that bright future is coming soon and we need to be apart for few more months and can be together again. 

So, it is ***...

That institution is still shady, do to the continued abuse of CPT that they are doing. They still likely have a visit of ICE in their future...

You likely will run into problems getting an F1 for another school, first because of attending an unaccredited institution, and second because you obviously don't intend to go back to your home country, which is required for an F1.

I am not talking about going to an un accredited university, when i joined my present university because of which i ran into current i did not know or check about the accreditation everyone who graduated from that college has got their h1's even who applied with me so i do not understand in the first case why i had this issue may be i was the lucky one. Right now I am talking about joining a accredited university and completing a degree from it i am not talking about taking online course or cpt in the future degree i am planning to pursue. What all I am concerned is about my wife's visa as she got denied earlier can i apply F1 for her also or shall i try applying F2 for her after i become a active student at a accredited university? I still have my present opt extension till december so i think i can find a good college by then, thank you.

I am not talking about going to an un accredited university, when i joined my present university because of which i ran into current i did not know or check about the accreditation everyone who graduated from that college has got their h1's even who applied with me so i do not understand in the first case why i had this issue may be i was the lucky one. Right now I am talking about joining a accredited university and completing a degree from it i am not talking about taking online course or cpt in the future degree i am planning to pursue. What all I am concerned is about my wife's visa as she got denied earlier can i apply F1 for her also or shall i try applying F2 for her after i become a active student at a accredited university? I still have my present opt extension till december so i think i can find a good college by then, thank you.

I understand that you don't want to talk about your bad decision to join an unaccredited institution, but that decision will stay with you forever.

You can expect questions about it from a VO every time you go for visa stamping. And you can't shrug that off with "I don't want to talk about that"...

You need to address the issue, and take responsibility, and not excuse things with "everybody got their H1s". In fact, such a sentence would pretty much guarantee you won't get another F1, because it shows that you have immigration intent.

You probably want to forget the whole *** issue, but it will come back to bite, and you need to be prepared. Right now, you are not prepared.

Archived