H1B stamping - No regular paystubs

Indi92

Hello there,

I am going for my first H1b stamping in Canada this year and I have a question. My employer pays me every month but the date of paycheck date is not consistent from month to month i.e. I may get paid on 15th one month and then on 25th the other. Also the check deposit dates are always different from the payroll run dates. I am also working in an EVC model if that helps and I also know that my vendor pays my company on time.  At any rate, The good part is that I do get paid every month and I say this is good because I've heard some crazy stories about desi companies and how they dont pay their employees for months.

I know from reading various blogs here that these days everyone is being asked for their paystubs and bank statements at consulate when going for H1 stamping.

I need someone who have an opinion on how my irregular pays may play a role in H1 stamping outcome. Is there someone out there who was in situation similar to mine and can share what was the outcome of their interview?

Thanks in advance for answering this for me.

How often the vendor pays your employer is completely IRRELEVANT for you.

You need to get paid regularly, at fixed pay dates. What your employer does is against the law.

You are likely to get into trouble when stamping.

I suggest finding a better employer, one who actually has the money to pay you regularly.

I need someone who have an opinion on how my irregular pays may play a role in H1 stamping outcome. Is there someone out there who was in situation similar to mine and can share what was the outcome of their interview?

I think that shouldn't be a big deal, but I am not sure.

But what will happen if that vendor doesn't pay your employer for a month??

as  u r in consulting, u will look into if vendor paid ur employer etc etc but for USCIS that is all irrelevant...ur employer should pay u all the time no matter what..

paying on different days happen (bcz of no processing on weekends) but it should not differ many number of days I guess...i am not sure though...

i get paid twice a month....and it would be 1st,2nd,3rd and 14th,15th, 16th of every month....

You should get paid regularly and on a fixed time. Your desi employer should be complained about to the DOL. Expect the VO's surprise when he/she sees your paystubs. And be ready to answer the TRUTH.

This is why I am scared of going for stamping without having a good back up plan on how to handle this when asked by VO.

as  u r in consulting, u will look into if vendor paid ur employer etc etc but for USCIS that is all irrelevant...ur employer should pay u all the time no matter what..

paying on different days happen (bcz of no processing on weekends) but it should not differ many number of days I guess...i am not sure though...

i get paid twice a month....and it would be 1st,2nd,3rd and 14th,15th, 16th of every month....

I understand. Thank you. But I am in a position that I must go for stamping. I guess I will take my chances.

How often the vendor pays your employer is completely IRRELEVANT for you.

You need to get paid regularly, at fixed pay dates. What your employer does is against the law.

You are likely to get into trouble when stamping.

I suggest finding a better employer, one who actually has the money to pay you regularly.

Understood, Thank you!

I think that shouldn't be a big deal, but I am not sure.

But what will happen if that vendor doesn't pay your employer for a month??

I guess I will have to wait and see. Even with the vendor paying on time I am facing issues I wonder what it will be like if Vendor takes his good time in making payments. Good Stuff. Thanks.

Archived