Employer Change during OPT extension process

kittikrishna

Hello guys,

I applied for my OPT Extension in April 2013 and soon i changed my employer but i didn't update the new employer to either DSO or USCIS, which i am supposed to with in 10 days from my starting date with my new employer. Now i got an RFE for my employment history. Can i update it now in my DSO or send amended i765 form with new employer e verify number along with my employment history, while responding to the RFE.. Please suggest me how to proceed.

As a worst case scenario, if my OPT gets denied.. What are the options i have? Do i need to join in a University with Masters or PhD? 

Thanks,

Kitti

Do i need to join in a University with Masters or PhD? 

How did you thought that joining in a school will help you out. This is not even an option in your case.

Talk to your school DSO about this, they might help you out. Since you have changed your employer, you should be having the new offer letter and I think this might help you out.

Thanks for your reply but my question is if at all my OPT is denied, can i join any university?

Coming to my case, yes i have the offer letter but i didnt update in ISSO and its been almost 3 months..

No you cannot join any university, if that's the case then why did you applied for OPT?? Simply joining some school will not work in your case.

Dude, your RFE is simple. Just send all your pre employment letters clearly mentioning the dates and you also let your ISSO know about this. USCIS wants to make sure that you were not unemployed for more than 90 days during your OPT period.

Why should you be trusted to do anything correctly since you knew the rules and chose to disobey them.  Violate the rules and pay the price.

Respectable schools have already completed their admissions for MS and PhD programs for fall entry.

If your OPT is denied, you need to go home.

Archived