Question Regarding H1B Amendment or Early Extension

nbusireddy

Hello

I work for a Consulting Firm, I got my H1B approved through Client A till Sep ' 2014.

I moved to a new Client B from Jan 2012 - till date. I have 14 months time left on my current H1B

A new LCA was applied for my current job but amendment was not yet filed.

I planning to go for stamping by the end of this year.

My Questions :

1. should i need to go for H1B amendment for the time left on my H1B ?

2. Or instead of an amedment can i directly go for an early H1B extension with still 14 months left ?

3, Is there any time constraint on how many months before you can file or go for an extension ?

The reason i'm thinking about extension is if i get extension for more than 14 months it would help with stamping

Please suggest or share any information regarding this

Thanks

Naresh.

Why dothink the extension would help with stamping?

It will not help getting the stamping done, but with the duration or validity of visa if i get more than 14 months ( time left on my current H1B)

Its just a hope if you go for extension you might get it for 3 years though its not a guaranteed thing.

so i was thinking if some one can share their experience which is suggestible amendment or early extension.

My Questions :

1. should i need to go for H1B amendment for the time left on my H1B ?

2. Or instead of an amedment can i directly go for an early H1B extension with still 14 months left ?

3, Is there any time constraint on how many months before you can file or go for an extension ?

The reason i'm thinking about extension is if i get extension for more than 14 months it would help with stamping

Please suggest or share any information regarding this

1. No. If you go to H1 amendment your start reflects to the date it gets approved and end date could be longer than what it is now if your project at client place is longer.

2. Thats completely wrong and it wont work out for your stamping

3. extension i think 6 months. But for amendment any time.

1. No. If you go to H1 amendment your start reflects to the date it gets approved and end date could be longer than what it is now if your project at client place is longer.

2. Thats completely wrong and it wont work out for your stamping

3. extension i think 6 months. But for amendment any time.

Thanks SriKalyan.. Its Helpful

Archived