h1b visa transfer query...

profile1235

I have an offer from some small consulting firm from US, lets refer it as AA. They had filed my H1b visa this may 2013 ( through the lottery h1b process ). My H1b I129 petition is approved USCIS and i am now only left with stamping from the counsulate.  I do not want to join this company.

I have another offer from some non profit organization/university, let us refer it as BB. As this is a non profit organization they do not ahve to go through lottery process, they have also filed a H1B visa for me just a week back as this is a non capped h1b.  I want to join this company.

Now my question is

Once i join BB, than in future can i change from a non-profit organization to a profit organization? As you know the BB company's filed h1b visa cannot be transferred as it is non capped.  As my AA's petiiton is already capped and approved can i use the same petition to do a h1b visa transfer from BB to some profit organization ( like AA but not AA )?
I am a bit confused here, can somebody clarify this in detail here?

The USCIS generally only considers an H1B applicant counted against the numerical H1B cap if s/he is physically present in the U.S. when the change of status to H1B takes effect or s/he is issued an H1B visa from a U.S. consulate abroad. Absent one of the above the USCIS may deny a new H1B petition filed as cap exempt. However, we have seen situations where USCIS has approved the H1B petition as cap exempt after disclosing that no visa was issued.

Hi Attorney_11, 

Thanks for your reply. If possible, Can you explain in more detail what you meant above with an example?

I am unable to understand what you are trying to say.

Actually i am a first time applicant, and will be travelling to US for the first time. 

Thanks for your help in advance

Archived