Need help to apply for I-I30 for my spouse who is in INDIA now

Singhh

Hi All

I have a critical situation now and need some help. Here is my situation

1.I got GC through EB2 in August 2010.

2.Last month, on June 14,2013 , I went to INDIA and got married on June 26,2013.

3.I came back alone on July 19 2013 to USA.and my spouse is still in INDIA.

4.I don`t have a job right now and am not on any house lease, living in a shared room.

What are my options to apply I-130 for my spouse.?

You need to show something like 150% of peverty line income a year or ~$24K (see the USCIS site for exact number) or you may be able to qualify through the assets, which should be 5 years worth of the aforementioned income, or somethign like ~$120K.

Belle,

Appreciate your response.

But quick question, 

i have 70 to 80 K annual income p.a from past 5 years and nothing this year yet. what if i get a job with a billing rate that goes beyond Poverty line by the end of the year. I think i fulfilled this requirement but after applying I-130 and if they ask for any proof i should have one or 2 pay stubs.

About assets, i have $ 120K of worth of assets BUT not in USA but in my home country .Will it work.?

Belle,

Appreciate your response.

But quick question, 

i have 70 to 80 K annual income p.a from past 5 years and nothing this year yet. what if i get a job with a billing rate that goes beyond Poverty line by the end of the year. I think i fulfilled this requirement but after applying I-130 and if they ask for any proof i should have one or 2 pay stubs.

About assets, i have $ 120K of worth of assets BUT not in USA but in my home country .Will it work.?

Read the USCIS documents on foreign assets. They have some rules around them. As far as income goes, it helps to have a strong history of earnings, and for the current year, the USCIS asks for at least one paycheck. I suggest that you get a paid consultation with a lawyer. Fill out the forms and let them go through.

Archived