UNVA closed

Z910

Hi,

I am a graduate from University of *****************. I am currently on STEM OPT and applied for H1b in April and got denied. My OPT is expiring in December, 2013. Now, the **** was closed. What is my situation??

Since my H1B got denied, I was planning to apply for MS again for spring 2014. But, since the **** is closed now, are they going to terminate my SEVIS? I saw in NEWS that they will terminate the SEVIS of **** students. Is that applicable for students who are on OPT too?

Please reply if you know anything about this...

Hi,

I am a graduate from University of *****************. I am currently on STEM OPT and applied for H1b in April and got denied. My OPT is expiring in December, 2013. Now, the **** was closed. What is my situation??

Since my H1B got denied, I was planning to apply for MS again for spring 2014. But, since the **** is closed now, are they going to terminate my SEVIS? I saw in NEWS that they will terminate the SEVIS of **** students. Is that applicable for students who are on OPT too?

I think they will terminate your sevis. You should have transferred when ICE has raided the university.

You have only one option, file H1 next year using your bachelor's degree.

I think they will terminate your sevis. You should have transferred when ICE has raided the university.

You have only one option, file H1 next year using your bachelor's degree.

Rahul412 is right. You have to immediately consult an attorney and look what chances you have, if you have one.

Hi,

Did you try to use the fake degree from **** for the H1?

Such "degrees" from non-accredited institutions can never be used for an H1.

It is very likely that SEVIS gets terminated, because the "university" no longer exists.

You need to see a good immigration laywer ASAP.

Archived