Need help with scheduling an appointment in the first week of October at Vancouver

arjunc

Hi,

I'm trying to schedule an appointment in the first week of October at Vancouver to get my H1-B Visa stamped for the first time to change of status from F-1 to H1-B. My visa has expired in Dec-2012. I'm currently on OPT and got my I-797 approved .

I'm trying to book an appointment in Vancouver but the website says that there are no available dates until the next 133 days which is Dec-2013.

I have a tough situation here as I can't re-enter the USA if I get rejected for visa and I have an upcoming travel to India at the end of October. 

Please suggest if I should wait and see if any dates would show up in Vancouver or book at a different location. If I have to book at a different location, which location would be the preferable? 

Regards,

AJ

Hi,

I'm trying to schedule an appointment in the first week of October at Vancouver to get my H1-B Visa stamped for the first time to change of status from F-1 to H1-B. My visa has expired in Dec-2012. I'm currently on OPT and got my I-797 approved .

I'm trying to book an appointment in Vancouver but the website says that there are no available dates until the next 133 days which is Dec-2013.

I have a tough situation here as I can't re-enter the USA if I get rejected for visa and I have an upcoming travel to India at the end of October. 

Please suggest if I should wait and see if any dates would show up in Vancouver or book at a different location. If I have to book at a different location, which location would be the preferable? 

Regards,

AJ

Now you book it for December in Vancouver and keep checking the same website to reschedule the appointment dates. There could be some rare chances some body who book the dates in august may cancel and those dates are shown in the website. This is little hard as you need to keep monitoring the website all the time. 

another thing is you can go to any other consulates if you have the dates open for which you like

Archived