Dowry Case Registered in Different City: Advice effect on BG Check

Jitendra Kumar

I have applied for H1B Visa and it is currently under Initial Review. My wife filed for a false Dowry (498a/406) case against my family and myself in a different city (in my state) in India. Will it effect my BG Check for H1B. I have hired a lawyer and trying to get the FIR quashed by application to High Court and trying to get exemption from individual appearance in Court as per your earlier post. Is there anything else that I can do.

Will the Background Check cover any cases against me in city other than my city of Residence.

Regards,

Jitendra Kumar

I have applied for H1B Visa and it is currently under Initial Review. My wife filed for a false Dowry (498a/406) case against my family and myself in a different city (in my state) in India. Will it effect my BG Check for H1B. I have hired a lawyer and trying to get the FIR quashed by application to High Court and trying to get exemption from individual appearance in Court as per your earlier post. Is there anything else that I can do.

Will the Background Check cover any cases against me in city other than my city of Residence.

Regards,

Jitendra Kumar

As far as my knowledge is concerned, it won't . But you will be interrogated at POE in India.

Archived