ADDRESS DISCREPENCY Query on OPT - Suggestions needed Plzz

arpi123

Hi Sir,

I am Haritha, as soon as i am done with MS, I've applied for OPT from my university ( Bridgeport, CT) and i went back to india. Later after 2 months i received a mail from USCIS stating " ADDRESS DISCREPENCY " Evidence Required .

Here is the query " The-evidence you submitted and a Search ofthe SEVIS system shows you were enrolled at the

University of Bridgeport in Bridgeport, CT. The evidence and SEVIS also show that your current
address is in Gainesville, FL and you have a mailing address in Naperville, IL. Please explain.""

Here it goes " As soon as i am done with the Grad Walk, i had to travel to India for personal emergency reason, So i have given one of my Friend's address ( Gainesville, FL ) so that he can collect my Gradwalk certificate and give it to me as he was also travelling to india after a month.  The address change has been updated in my university records.

Secondly, as i was going to india, i've given my cousins mailing address ( Naperville, IL ) for the OPT Card .

I know i had made a mess, how do i rectify it and reply to USCIS., I have no clue how to reply back to them. Please HELP...!

Thanks

Haritha.

You made a big mess. People always have an emergency when travelling to India..and it so happened that you got the chance only after your graduation.

anways a forum cannot help you...appoint an Attorney for this..they should be able to reply on your behalf.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived