Administrative Processing for 4 months H1B

android23

I know similar questions like this one been asked, but please understand I am desperate. I have lived in the US for the last 5 years mostly as a F1 Student. I graduated and then started work on OPT + CapGap Extension for little over a year, and got H1B approved in the meantime. I visited India March 2013 where I had an interview at the Kolkata Consulate for H1B stamping. Visa Officer said, "Everything looks, good..it's just that it might take a little more processing". I was told administrative processing should get done within 2 weeks to 2 months by another assistant to the VO in the embassy. It actually took 2.5 months for my tracking ID to appear on the Kolkata Embassy PDF. More than 4 months have passed and the status is still pending. My brushes with the law in US is limited to 2 speeding tickets and 2 parking tickets. No DUI, clean record, taxes clear, high credit score. I wonder what's taking them so long. I have gone into depression and I am grateful to my company for still not letting go of me. Has anyone else faced the same situation or going through it. Also I missed taxes this year as I was in India during tax time. Wonder if that's got anything to do with it.

What your so called "VO assistant" said was wrong. There is no specific time limit for administrative processing. I do not think non-payment of taxes has anything to do with it. Being in India is not an excuse for non-payment of taxes as taxes could be filed online. Do pay it now

What your so called "VO assistant" said was wrong. There is no specific time limit for administrative processing. I do not think non-payment of taxes has anything to do with it. Being in India is not an excuse for non-payment of taxes as taxes could be filed online. Do pay it now

Archived