Got Stamping in Mumbai but client ended project in meantime. need advise

pratikny1287

Hello Friends/Gurus 

On Tuesday i went to Mumbai consulate for H 1 B stamping & interview was successful. i just received passport today through BlueDart. 

Following question were asked by VO :- 

1) Who is Your Employer :- 

Answered

2) What is your job title :-

Answered 

3) are you working for client or employer ? 

For Client 

4) how much are you getting paid ? 

Answered as per LCA 

5) who is your client ? 

Answered 

Finally VO said your visa is approved & can accept passport in 2 -3 days. 

So far everything went very well in fact  US Consulate in Mumbai is very liberal now days & almost all applicants (H1 B , H4 ,Visitor, F1) received their visa without issues. 

Yesterday night i received email from my employer that they met with my client manager & client wants to end my contract due to no one is available to take my work. the person who is supposed to do my work in my absence turn me down & now client don't want to wait for me & ready to hire some one new.

i am returning to India after 3 years & needs to spend at least 2 to 3 weeks my family . latest date i can return to US is 29th of July. so my main question for members of murthy forum are :- 

1) will i be able to land safely in US ? stamping is successful but i will not have project on hand when i will be in US

2) i am working for BIg staffing firm ( Kforce ) & they told me that they will withdraw my H1 B sponsorship as they only allow 30 days for Leave of Absence in  1 year which i already utilize. though they will redeploy me whenever i will be able to crack interview & they will file new H 1 B petition for me. so what will be my status during these period ? 

3) will this situation affect my future immigration process ? i have PERM approved & will file I 140 in few months 

4) is it wise decision to start working with some new employer than to wait for Kforce ? 

Your response will be highly valuable. 

Thank You

(1) If you are no longer a Kforce employer you can not enter US, especially if they have no plan to pay you 

(2) If they are not going to run a payroll for you till you are successful in an interview you are out of status and your stay in US is illegal

(3) If you stay in US being out of status it will have an adverse effect on your GC application

(4) It is your decision to make

Archived