DS-160 and change of consulate location

yubeie

Hello all,

I did see a lot of threads about this question but unfortunately there are mixed responses and it is not very clear.

I have filled out AND submitted my DS-160 for Vancouver. I have also blocked my appointment for Vancouver consulate. However, due to unforseen circumstances, I am trying to book my appointment in Ottawa.

Here are my questions:

-Can I use the same DS-160 application/confirmation ID for Ottawa?

-If not, Do I have to start a "fresh" application? (or) simply login using my existing DS-160 code and then click "choose create new appliation"?

-If I do have to fill out a new application, Should I carry both the old and the new confirmation page?

-I tried to send an email to Ottawa consular section email address  "ottawaconsatstatedotgov" listed on the website. I am not sure if there is an alternative address or number that I should be using.

note: I do see the following FAQ on the website. However, I've seen threads indicating that it might vary from consulate to consulate. Hence the doubt.

"What happens to my DS-160 if I select a U.S. Embassy or Consulate where I will be applying for my visa, but end up making an interview appointment instead at another U.S. Embassy or Consulate?"

I appreciate the help and your patience in advance.

Regards,

Ans: Not sure but suggested to use a new application. 

-If not, Do I have to start a "fresh" application? (or) simply login using my existing DS-160 code and then click "choose create new application"?

Ans:  you can not make any changes after submit. if you have a saved copy then just upload the application . it will generate a new application/confirmation ID then resubmit. Always better to save to hard drive to a file (.dat extension) . any time in future just upload the application ,make changes and resubmit for visa interview. 

-If I do have to fill out a new application, Should I carry both the old and the new confirmation page?

Ans:  NO. just login to the visa appointment page and update the DS160 confirmation number and carry only the new application .

Hello all,

I did see a lot of threads about this question but unfortunately there are mixed responses and it is not very clear.

I have filled out AND submitted my DS-160 for Vancouver. I have also blocked my appointment for Vancouver consulate. However, due to unforseen circumstances, I am trying to book my appointment in Ottawa.

Here are my questions:

-If not, Do I have to start a "fresh" application? (or) simply login using my existing DS-160 code and then click "choose create new appliation"?

-I tried to send an email to Ottawa consular section email address  "ottawaconsatstatedotgov" listed on the website. I am not sure if there is an alternative address or number that I should be using.

note: I do see the following FAQ on the website. However, I've seen threads indicating that it might vary from consulate to consulate. Hence the doubt.

"What happens to my DS-160 if I select a U.S. Embassy or Consulate where I will be applying for my visa, but end up making an interview appointment instead at another U.S. Embassy or Consulate?"

I appreciate the help and your patience in advance.

Regards,

I think you need to fill new DS 160 and call the consulate you want to go to and update them with the new details. There are many posts with same questions in the forum please go through.

Archived