H1B visa stamping in Matamoros Mexico July 23rd, 24th

viddu512

Hi, I have a H1B visa appointment in Matamoros, Mexico.

ASC: July 23rd, 2013 at 2:30pm

Consulate: July 24, 2013 at 10am

I'm using MAS services for logistics. Please let me know if anyone else is having interview on these days and willing to share hotel room in Brownsville, Texas or Matamoros, Mexico.

Thanks,

Vidyadhar

Guys sorry about the delay in posting my experience here. Here's how it went.

myself and two others were the only ones for H1B on 07/24. on 7/23 the ASC appt was done in 10 mins. regardless of what time ur appt is, you can just walk in at any time and get this done.

Visa interview on 7/24

- arrived at the consulate at 8:30am.

- went through security check

- at the front desk/reception a woman checked my DS-160 confirmation page, copy of I-797A approval notice, consulate appt confirmation and passport.

- i was given a token# and was sent to an adjacent interview room

- when my # came up a local/mexican employee inside the consulate interviewed me with basic questions:

• whats my job title
  • asked for employer letter (i also submitted the client letter with that even though he didn't specifically ask for it)
  • how long i was working with him
  • asked for original approval notice
  • asked my job title, location of employer, client
  • asked if i had any relatives in usa
  • confirmed my DOB, place of birth and personal info and was told to go back and sit and wait for my token # to be called again for the visa interview

- i was interviewed by an american visa officer

• she asked my job title and what i did but cut me off even before i finished my first sentence (she seemed happy with that)
  • she asked if it was H1B renewal with same employer or diff employer
  • how long i was with the employer
  • asked for my annual pay
  • asked for my employment letter, approval notice
  • she told me to come pick up passport at 3:30pm 

I picked up passport same day. Pls check info on it. Mine had an error and they fixed it in 20 mins, If you delay you may have to stay back another day in mexico.

the whole interview experience was smooth.I had a got a speeding ticket last year and it was an infraction. I selected NO for the question on DS 160 although I was gonna explain the ticket and that I'd taken traffic school and paid fine and show proof of it. But i wasn't asked about this at all. i wasn't asked any other documents other than what i mentioned above. but the other person who was interviewed was asked to explain the less annual earnings in W2s and was asked a lot more questions.

mexico assistance services was very helpful and professional. Mark, Tony and Chimo really were helpful and consistent in the info they provided. I high recommend their services to have peace of mind and just focus on the interview. 

I hope this is useful and good luck to everyone.and thanks for the guys who posted their experiences and responses here.

Congratulation Viddu !!! and Thanks  for sharing the Details..

What did you say about the relatives..Does it affect if you have bro/sis are in the us.

Also for the other person, was the questioning - due to his W2 salary less than LCA or in general because of some fluctuations etc.

i did mention about my sibling but it doesn't have any effect on the visa

the other person was asked to explain the reason for the difference in the amount between LCA doc and W2s. He did get the visa as well, because he did give a valid reason. they just want to make sure that one is not on the bench

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived