Travelling to India on CPT

preethu

Hi,

I am in very tricky situation. I am on OPT Stem extension and my OPT is going to end on 21st July 2013 .My H1B was not applied because of my employer delay. So I am attending university and doing my MBA now and I have taken CPT.

My question is that I need to travel to India in October  end for marriage and planning to return back in 2nd week of November also my Visa is getting expired on December 1st 2013.  

What are my chances of coming back without any problem at Porty of entry. And also if I go for stamping what are my chances my visa would be stamped.

Which is the best place to go for stamping India or Canada.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

I am in very tricky situation. I am on OPT Stem extension and my OPT is going to end on 21st July 2013 .My H1B was not applied because of my employer delay. So I am attending university and doing my MBA now and I have taken CPT.

In other words, you abuse the F1 and CPT.

Why in the world would you kill your career in the US???

CPT is NOT for working in some arbitrary job. And NO real university would give out CPT just like that.

It is very unlikely that you would get a visa. Consulates know about this abuse by now!

oh thats too risky atleast your visa will be valid 3 months prior to return USA. but sometime they woudn't ask any questions at board of entry depending on your board of entry so if you want to travel in october it's better to book flight like any small city . I got the same situation but my board of entry was in salt lake so there is no problem.they didn't ask any questions. So its depends on your luck.

All the best.

If you are truly a student, you would not leave and miss classes during the semester. Your wedding should have been scheduled around your school schedule. Don't expect this to be a reason to be excused from assignments.

I am missing one class but I would be completing my assignment on time and would be take notes what I have missed.

If you are truly a student, you would not leave and miss classes during the semester. Your wedding should have been scheduled around your school schedule. Don't expect this to be a reason to be excused from assignments.

Forget about the classes. OP has already abused CPT program.

Archived