can an employer refuse resignation in US while on H1B visa?

atomic

Dear Members,

I work on H1B visa within US. Can you please suggest in case my employer can refuse to accept my resignation in US (though I think Labor Law in US suggests work at employee's will)?

My employer has brought a new policy in our organization according to which any employee who is deputed (from foreign country, e.g. China/ India) in US can't resign and for leaving the employer, employee needs to go back to their foreign country and then resign from there. Though I didn't sign any bond/ policy paper before coming to US.

I'm not sure in case this is legal. Can any one of you please provide your kind suggestions on it?

Thanks in Advance!

When you say " new policy in our organization" Where is it written? Is it present in your Offer/Appointment letters? Or Is it present in your company employee hand book/policies book?

Unless until it is written somewhere they are just fooling you, there is no such policy exist in USA....

If it is written in somewhere, then you need to take an appointment with some attorney & seek their advice..

Archived