OPT Approval in Intial Review

user_usa

Hi,

I am from California

I got job1 in 22 May 13 with employeer1 and I applied for OPT (with employeer1) on May31.

I got notice number on Jun2, from this date my status has in the initial review and I worried that my OPT start date is Aug-5. After a couple of weeks joining with the job, I got a full time job (IT job) with employeer2, so left the job1 immediately. My full time joining is in the last week of July, I enabled CPT for 1 week (i.e. Jul29th week), i.e.  Till Aug4th.

I don't want to miss this full-time opportunity

Questions:

1) Do you suggest to join on 29-Jul for one week on CPT?

If I join on 29-Jul, if I don't get OPT by 5-Aug , can I voluntarily work with employeer2 till I get OPT?

2) When I inquired with the dean of my university, they suggested that join and if not receive OPT by Aug-5, they said will enable the CPT Cap Gap. Is it suggestible? What is a CPT Cap Gap? If I use it till I get OPT, any problems in OPT & OPT Cap gap for next year?

3) Univ dean also suggested that OPT process to expedite on July last week, is it suggestible? What all consequences to this?

4) Regarding updating employer2 in OPT, my dean suggested to update it once I get OPT EAD card.

5) Do you suggest to request employer2 for extending joining date? i don't know whether they wait for me

Please provide me your inputs, totally confused.

Thanks a lot for your time and help.

Archived