H1B Transfer issues - No receipt - Started to work for a new client

thepulsemaker

Hi,

I need your help / advice in my below situation.

I am employed with Company A[indian MNC] with H1B Status. I am on Vacation leave till next week [i.e., I have not resigned]

Couple of weeks back, I attended an interview and got selected for a client, with another employer B to transfer my H1B visa. I have submitted all the documents and he told he has filed the petition[Premium Processing] on  10th July 2013. But till now[15-July], I have not received my receipt number.

Client forced me to join on 15th, So I had to join them, But now, I am totally scared.

1. Its 3 days, Still I didn't get the h1 transfer receipt number from Company B.

2. I didn't resign from Company A. I don't know when I should tell them

3. I have already started to work[My first day today] for a client from Company B.

Sometimes, I am thinking to go back to Company A, But not sure if there is a tracking that I worked for a client from different employer?

Can you please help me to sort out this situation?

Thanks,

Raj

The truth is that you are in a mess already. I would confirm with employer B about the FedEx tracking number. If your petition packet has reached USCIS few days back (assuming it should have, since they mailed it on July 10th), then I wouldn't create it any more messier and stick with B. If B cannot provide FedEx tracking or any other proof, I would stay away from them and go back to A.

Don't try to make it messier by moving back to A. You never know USCIS may have already generated the receipt for you. If B can't help you in showing the proof, you better stay away from them.

In any case, make a decision today and if you decide to join B, send a resignation letter to A. Don't make it anymore messier.

Thanks so much nineballs.

I have got the fedex receipt number and the document was received by USCIS on 11-July.  But everyday I am asking about the receipt number from B, they say they didn't get any update and the cheque also not encashed.

Also My new employer B says once I get the receipt number, I can send a resignation to A[my previous employer]. He will start the payroll from the next day of my last day of A.

B assured that I will get the receipt number in 2 days, that's why I agreed to join the client. But its 7 days now, I didn't get the receipt.

A still assumes that I will join back after my vacation. My last questions are,

1. Assuming If I go back to A, and didn't get any pay from B, will it have any implications / any tracking that I worked for B during this time frame. ?

2. Then after joining A, once my petition is approved, I can come back to B right.

Please help.

I really hate by not being truthful to anyone now.

Archived