H1b & H4 Visa stamping for new employer before existing visa stamp expires

SomIyer

Hi,

I recently moved to a new fortune 50 tech employer and got my H1b extension/transfer approved till July 2015. My H1b stamp from my previous employer is valid till December 2013 and same is the case with my wife's H4 visa stamp.

Me and my wife have to travel to India for our sister in law's marriage in Augest end/ September 1st week. We were planning to go for a new H1b and H4 visa interview and get stamped for the new employer. The attorney of the new company asked us to verify if  our Indian consulate would allow stamping before the expiry of the current stamp. I sent a mail to the consulate but did not get any reply. I thought of asking in this forum if someone has faced the same situation OR have any knowledge about the same

PS: Since the visa stamp expires in Dec 2013 we will anyways have to get the stamp done after that if we travel outside US. We are just making sure that if we travel now we can get that thing done rather than wait for the next time when we travel outside US.

Anyone please let us know your thoughts or the information you have. Thanks in advance.

regards,

Somanath Iyer

Archived