Successful visa stamping @ Ottawa July 15th

vkriskanth

Here is my Visa Experience in Ottawa:

My interview appointment was at 10:30. I parked my car near the embassy. I reached the embassy at around 10:00 AM. 

A security person did a scan before he let me in. After which there was another scan.

After that I went to the consular part of the building where a lady asked me for my passport, DS 160 and employment letter. 

She asked me if the photo on the DS 160 was recent. I said in the affirmative and she again checked the photo with my face and then directed me towards counter 4.

There was another person there and he asked me for my I797, pinned everything together and gave me a token as well as a pamphlet which he asked me to go through. 

The pamphlet was about the rights you have as an immigrant worker.

I waited around 40 minutes and finally I was called for fingerprints at counter 6. After taking the finger prints she asked me to wait.

After 15 more minutes, I was called to counter 2 and below is how my interview took place

Me: Good Morning. How are you doing today?

VO: Good, how about yourself.

Me: Good

VO: xxXXXXXXXX, is that your company?

Me: Yes

VO: You did your masters from University of XXXXX?

MeL Yes

VO: You completed your masters in XXXX?

VO: Since when did you start employment @XXX?

Me; Since XXXXXXXX

VO: Do you work for a end client?

Me: Yes, gave the name of the cient as well as the address.

VO: Do you have a vendor?

VO: Do you ahve client and vendor letters

VO: May I see them?

Me: Sure. I gave him my vendor and client letter.

He went through the client letter throughly and just glanced through the vendor letter.

VO: Did you read this...pointed to the pamphlet.

VO: Do you understand what it states?

VO: How many employees are there in your company?

Me: xx

VO: I am approving passport and gave me the loomis receipt.

The above is my visa experience.

Make sure you put all your details correctly in the DS 160 form and just answer to the point.

congrats on ur visa...!

my vendor gives me letter but client will not...but i can show client ID badge. do u think it would be sufficient?

many people say to take an email saying they cant give a letter but I believe ID badge is better proof than email?

I can just type in an email and take.?! :-p

• 2 weeks later...

Archived