Multipe Jobs with 1099 on EAD

rohandoshi31

Background: Both I am my spouse are currently on EAD. Spouse worked in past on H1B but then lost her job due to recession and converted her status to H4. We have maintained our status by law and no issues on that ever.

Situation: I am working full time on W2 with an employer who has filled for my GC, and spouse is working as freelancer/independent contractor on 1099. Now my spouse has more new offers to work as freelancer on 1099.

Question:

1. Can my spouse work with different employers SIMULTANIOUSLY (multiple jobs) on EAD? (each employer will issue her 1099 at end of the contract)

2. If Yes, is there any hour restrictions she has to maintain? like max 40 hours a week?

3.  Any precaution / DON'T's we should watch out for? 

Thank you and appreciate quick response.

• 4 weeks later...

Background: Both I am my spouse are currently on EAD. Spouse worked in past on H1B but then lost her job due to recession and converted her status to H4. We have maintained our status by law and no issues on that ever.

Situation: I am working full time on W2 with an employer who has filled for my GC, and spouse is working as freelancer/independent contractor on 1099. Now my spouse has more new offers to work as freelancer on 1099.

Question:

1. Can my spouse work with different employers SIMULTANIOUSLY (multiple jobs) on EAD? (each employer will issue her 1099 at end of the contract)

2. If Yes, is there any hour restrictions she has to maintain? like max 40 hours a week?

3.  Any precaution / DON'T's we should watch out for? 

Thank you and appreciate quick response.

Did you start an LLC ? How is your wife filing taxes? Is she paying dual payroll tax?

Archived