H1B Visa Stamping on Ottawa but I797 expires in 3 months

krmony

Hi All,

I need your advice on my current situation.

I need to leave the country for a business trip . I have book the visa interview  in Ottawa on July 24.

My I797 expires in November and my lawyer is about to file my renewal next week. We got the LCA approved.

But we were not sure whether I would get my Visa approved by July 24. He told me to use my existing approval notice (which expires on November) to get my visa stamped.

Then on return from my business trip, my lawyer was to apply for my H1B renewal.

My question is

• Will there be any issue during my VISA interview since my H1B expires in 3 months.
  • Can I get the visa stamped that is valid for 3 months

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

KR

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I need your advice on my current situation.

I need to leave the country for a business trip . I have book the visa interview  in Ottawa on July 24.

My I797 expires in November and my lawyer is about to file my renewal next week. We got the LCA approved.

But we were not sure whether I would get my Visa approved by July 24. He told me to use my existing approval notice (which expires on November) to get my visa stamped.

Then on return from my business trip, my lawyer was to apply for my H1B renewal.

My question is

• Will there be any issue during my VISA interview since my H1B expires in 3 months.
  • Can I get the visa stamped that is valid for 3 months

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

KR

Yes, you can. I was in the same situation like you. I went for stamping 2 months before I797 expiry and H1B visa was stamped for 2 months.

Archived