Immigration called our office

mj129

Immigration, specifically the deportation division, called our office today. Nobody was able to pick up, but they left a message saying something like "we just would like to make sure if work visa holders still have valid visas"... something like that. Although we shouldn't really be concerned since everyone's visas here are valid and this is not a sketchy company, I just would like to know if that's something immigration normally does? I've never heard of them calling companies or individuals before so I wasn't sure if the call was a scam.

There is no "Deportation Division." Immigration benefits functions are carried out by USCIS. Immigration enforcement functions, such as deportation, removal, and employment eligibility verification, are carried out by USICE. From time to time, USCIS conducts Administrative Site Visits to petitioner's offices to review whether petitioners and beneficiaries are abiding by the terms and conditions of visa petitions. USICE can also conduct audits and inspections of immigration compliance at worksites. To determine if the contact was authentic or a scam, it may be advisable to seek the representation of a qualified competent immigration attorney to reach out and examine the caller and their intentions.

Archived