how long wait after date becomes current

tonya

Hi

i am eb3 to eb2 ,pd-apr 07, last update was rfe in  march 2012. Now the dates have become current, how long we need to wait for GC process. i assume they start from Sep 2004 ( last month PD) . Can we start calling/bugging the USCIS with calls, service request etc ? or wait patiently ?

Appreciate any response

They go by the filing dates, not priority dates. If the dates have been current for 30 days or so, and the next month will be current, too, then it would make sense to file a service request. If your dates retrogress the next month, then you are either lucky or not, and not much you can do.

They go by the filing dates, not priority dates. If the dates have been current for 30 days or so, and the next month will be current, too, then it would make sense to file a service request. If your dates retrogress the next month, then you are either lucky or not, and not much you can do.

Hi Belle,

By 'filing dates', do you mean the 'Received Date' that shows up on the 485 Receipt Notice?

Thanks

This is why some with later pd will get their GC before those with earlier pds.

It may also turn out that people who filed during july07 period and ported to EB2 will see their application approved. They may not reach those who filed during 2012 period before the numbers run out.

• 2 weeks later...

Belle,

I thought  USCIS  would start dusting off the applications that have become current, only on  Aug 1st and start sending RFE or green card etc as fits case. But my friend was telling me that whoever have not received a RFE in the last month  and whose priority date  have become current this month  ( EB2 cases with PD between Sep 2004 to Jan 2008) should start getting the green card coming Thursday ( Aug 1st), because they have started working on applications with above PD's  and sending RFE etc  last month itself.If you have not received any RFE last month the case was kinda of approved and waiting for Visa number only. Is that true ?. Hard to believe.

Archived