Removed middle layer. Do I need h1 amendment?

phany123

Hey Guys,

I have visa interview scheduled in 2 months and I need an advice. When I got my H1-B, I was in EVVC format. Few months back the middle layer (layer between my employer and prime vendor) was bypassed and eventually resulted in my pay hike. My prime vendor is not actually a staffing company but implements projects at client sites where as the layer that has been removed is a staffing company. Do anyone of you reading this or your acquaintance go through same or similar situation in the past? Can someone suggest me if I need to amend my H1? If not needed, what shall I answer the VO if I am asked for not registering this change with USCIS?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Guys,

I have visa interview scheduled in 2 months and I need an advice. When I got my H1-B, I was in EVVC format. Few months back the middle layer (layer between my employer and prime vendor) was bypassed and eventually resulted in my pay hike. My prime vendor is not actually a staffing company but implements projects at client sites where as the layer that has been removed is a staffing company. Do anyone of you reading this or your acquaintance go through same or similar situation in the past? Can someone suggest me if I need to amend my H1? If not needed, what shall I answer the VO if I am asked for not registering this change with USCIS?

Thanks in advance.

looks like amendment may not require. but not sure talkto your employer/attorney.

If you had submitted the letter from the vendor that has been removed while filing your h1b, I think you should. But this is just my opinion, people has there visa been approved with just changing lca when they change client. So, I dk, its ur call.

looks like amendment may not require. but not sure talkto your employer/attorney.

Thank you for your time and valuable inputs. I've asked my employer and quite a few people. Most of them including my employer assured that there is no necessity for amendment and rest were not sure. However, there is nowhere explicitly written in any attorney's website or any reliable sources about this situation. This actually puts me on edge. 

Thank you for your time and valuable inputs. I've asked my employer and quite a few people. Most of them including my employer assured that there is no necessity for amendment and rest were not sure. However, there is nowhere explicitly written in any attorney's website or any reliable sources about this situation. This actually puts me on edge. 

If you have submitted any letter or any document that mentions about that vendor then you need amendment since that change is clearly seen in your H1 documents.

Archived