Eb3/eb2 portability

Hi

I have approved 140 with priority date in 2008 in eb3. I joined new company and they promised me that they will process me go in eb2 category. Does the new application should have the same job description as my previous gc application . I am working in IT only but different technologies. Will it be ok for them to file the application with different technology now in IT field . Position wise same but job desc might include different technologies. Let me know.

Thanks...

The attorney filing for your employer will advise him of the requirements. You need to quit worrying and should certainly not start making demands on your employer.  They CANNOT make changes in their HR practices just to improve your chances of a GC.

Hi

I have approved 140 with priority date in 2008 in eb3. I joined new company and they promised me that they will process me go in eb2 category. Does the new application should have the same job description as my previous gc application . I am working in IT only but different technologies. Will it be ok for them to file the application with different technology now in IT field . Position wise same but job desc might include different technologies. Let me know.

Thanks...

As t75 quoted, you should let your employer attorney handle this situation. Requirements are set forth by your company's HR and they will decide on due course of process of how to proceed with EB2 or EB3.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks...

There is nothing to suggest for us or for you in PERM process.

Please follow process & guidance as outlined by your HR, your manager/supervisor & company's attorney representing you on their behalf. Your position decides the outcome of your PERM case, not your own opinions or understanding. It is employer driven process with very little input from you as employee.

Hi

Thanks...

I don't think the job desc & technology has to be same as previous application to port to EB2. The requirements for the new position should qualify for EB2. Also, you may need to show experience in technologies listed in requirements. Consider this by no means as legal advice.

As others have mentioned in response, your employer/employer attorney should handle this.

Archived