H1B-Extension Process- Need Guidance

Hi, 

I recently came to the US. Here are my details 

US Entry Date: 5-May 2013

Original H1B Petition Expiry Date : 14-Jul 2013

H1B Visa Expiry Date : 14-Jul 2013

I-94 Expiry Date : 14-Jul 2013

Extension Petition Form I-797C, Case type I129 Petition for a Non-Immigrant worker.  - Status Filed. 

My Employer has filed an extension petition for 3 years on 28-Jun 2013.Here are my questions below.

1) Filing Extension petition allows me to legally stay in US?

2) I have an expired I-94 and expired Visa in my Passport. How does extenion petition change the validity of I-94?

3) Should I wait until USCIS sends Approval notice to travel back to India ?

4) Does Filing or Approval of Extension petition mean that I can legally stay in US and my I-94 expiry is extended till the petition duration( 3yrs)?

I am still unclear of the entire process, it will be great if an respected attorney from Murthy Law firm answers the complete process clearly so that many people with similar questions can be answered ?

Thanks,

Ananth

Generally, individuals who have filed a timely extension of their visa status are authorized to remain in the United States pending a decision on the extension application. Approval of the extension would permit remaining in the United States to abide by the terms and conditions of the visa status. If more detailed explanation is required, it may be helpful to schedule a consultation with a qualified competent immigration attorney.

Archived