Are Kids allowed to accompany parents in US Consulate -Toronto

fidelity

No, Kids are not allowed. I confirmed this by calling consultate too. You can reconfirm it by calling your consulate.

FYI you will see the below one in your appointment confirmation mail too. Check you see the below in your confirmation.

The following persons may NOT be allowed into the U.S. Embassy or Consulate premises:

• Attorneys: An applicant may NOT be accompanied by his or her attorney(s).
  • Drivers, friends, extra relatives, and others not specifically named above cannot be permitted to enter and will be asked to return to meet the applicant after the interview is complete.
  • Due to the limited size of the Consular Section waiting rooms, the high volume of visa applicants, and the time required to screen consular clients, other accompanying persons cannot and will not be admitted to the Consular Section.

No, Kids are not allowed. I confirmed this by calling consultate too. You can reconfirm it by calling your consulate.

FYI you will see the below one in your appointment confirmation mail too. Check you see the below in your confirmation.

Are you sure about this? No one can make you leave your minor child alone (in this case Fidelity's kid is only 2 years old). Kids under 14 are allowed pretty much everywhere regardless of whether they are US citizens or not. Now I have no experience with US consulate in Canada but in New Delhi, I took my 8 month old US citizen child without giving any info to the embassy at all.

This is what i found on the website, but if if anyone did take there kids to Toronto Consulate, please advice.

Toronto - http://canada.usembassy.gov/consulates/toronto.html

Due to waiting room size, the large volume of applicants and the time required to screen consular clients, other accompanying persons cannot be admitted to the waiting room. Attorneys, drivers, friends, and extra relatives, including young children not applying for a U.S. visa, must wait outside or return to meet the applicant after the interview has been completed.

Ottawa - http://canada.usembassy.gov/consulates/ottawa.html

Due to waiting room size, the large volume of applicants and the time required to screen consular clients, other accompanying persons cannot be admitted to the waiting room. Drivers, friends, and extra relatives must wait outside or return to meet the applicant after the interview has been completed - with the exception of applicants with children.

Archived