New Delhi or Mumbai embassy ? Reaffirmed case

trivedi3377

Hi All,

Let me explain you situation , so hope some body can help me.

I gave H1b renewal interview at New Delhi Embassy. In interview, they asked standard questions. After end of the interview, they issued 221(g) and after 2 1/2 month, I received letter saying that they are sending case to USCIS for review.

USCIS reviewed case, send RFE to my employer, my employer replied quickly and finally case is reaffirmed. USCIS send reaffirmed petition to my employer. I send Scanned copy of reaffirmed petition and immediately on next day, I received response saying that to come down for reinterview at the location where you applied earlier. It means in my case I applied to New Delhi earlier, so I have to go to New Delhi.

Now my question is :

Can I go to New Delhi for reinterview or Mumbai? The reason is that Mumbai is my home post. First time , I went to New delhi because on that time Mumbai embassy was closed due to renovation work.

I knew that if i go to Mumbai then I have to file new application but that's fine.

My point is that where is the maximum chance to get Visa? New Delhi or Mumbai?

Means New Delhi embassy knew my case history and If I go to Mumbai this time , they will reinvent  whole wheel again. This is my opinion and I may be wrong also.

or

Mumbai embassy knows my case history also?? I don't know answer.

Can some body have answers/opinion/suggestions/share experience on this?

Thank You somuch in advance.

Trivedi3377

Hi Trivedi,

All the consulates have the complete history of the applicants, irrespective of the consulate you choose they get to know ur details.

I am also in the same situation, my case was reaffirmed after 1 year 3 months and i was asked to pay the fees and book an appointment just recently. I am yet to receive the original reaffirmed document from employer to proceed further.

I am planning to go for reinterview at delhi consulate. Can you share ur contact details so that we can share some useful information.

Thanks,

Rahamat.

Archived