Administrative Processing New Delhi - No slip given

rksingh

Hello Forum visitors,

I appeared for interview at New Delhi on July 1st for H1B visa stamp with my I-797 valid till Dec 2014. I am FTE with a major aerospace employer for last 5+yrs and have approved I-140. This is my first appearance for H1B stamp after I-140 approval.

The visa officer kept my passport and told me that it would take about 2-3wks for Administrative processing. I was not given any slip.

Has anyone faced a similar situation? Any thoughts or experience on whether they would actually complete the processing by the stated time? I have return tickets back to US for the whole family and not sure what to do.

Guess it is the Aerospace thingy. I think they are doing a background check.

Similar happened to my friend in Mexico who did Biochemistry in US... and went H1 stamping as a SAS Programmer.

He was not given any slip..... and the visa was approved after 3 weeks.

Hi Rksingh,

Can you please share the interview experience with the visa officer. Whats questions / documents were asked ?

I was asked a lot of questions such as education, my total experience in aerospace, whether I had ever worked on military planes and also whether the company I worked for was Indian or American.

Guess it is the Aerospace thingy. I think they are doing a background check.

Similar happened to my friend in Mexico who did Biochemistry in US... and went H1 stamping as a SAS Programmer.

He was not given any slip..... and the visa was approved after 3 weeks.

Thanks for sharing. I sure hope mine is the same case too. The visa officer actually said that your visa is approved but we need to do Admin Processing and will take about 3 weeks. She did not check any of my documents. I have actually had 2 previous visa stamps from this same embassy and for the same employer so not sure why they like to create hiccupps. I hope I get the visa before my travel dates or I will have to buy new tickets for the whole family.

I am a FTE with a technology giant industry (Fortune 50) for around 3 years. It would be first time I have to go for re-stamping and dont have any visa rejections or events in past. 

Do the experts think there will be any issues during re-stamping?

I have return flight back to US 2 weeks after my interview date and have a legitimate concern on delays associated with administrative processing.. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am a FTE with a technology giant industry (Fortune 50) for around 3 years. It would be first time I have to go for re-stamping and dont have any visa rejections or events in past. 

Do the experts think there will be any issues during re-stamping?

I have return flight back to US 2 weeks after my interview date and have a legitimate concern on delays associated with administrative processing.. 

Well yesterday, my status changed to "Issued" ie after exactly 15 days after interview date. The automated passport status system says "No status available- If passport not recieved in 10 days contact the embassy". Even though each case is unique, keep all these timelines in mind. My HR had advised me to apply for fingerprinting/interview ASAP after landing in India so that in such cases, at least you will be vacationing while you case is processed.

Archived