J1 waiver application from India

jaiho1905

I have to apply for the J1 waiver from India.  I have the NORI letters ready.  If anyone has done it recently can you please post the current address, phone number of Ministry of External Affairs.  Also I would like to know the approx timeline of the process.  I am in desperate need for the waiver.  Any help will be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Attorney_11,

Thanks a lot for your response.  I called that number but the person said they do not deal with anything like that...:(

I have no clue what next.  Do you have any idea.

Thanks again!

This is MHRD address

Human Resource Department

West Block - 1

Wing - 6, 2nd Floor

R.K. Puram

New Delhi - 110066

INDIA

• 2 months later...

I ask your help to make sure the right department to send the documents to get ''No Obligation To Return To India'' certificate (NORI). I found

In the NORI application form, I am seeing two kind of New Delhi addresses to send the documents to get NORI . One address for ''Medical professionals''(Ministry of Health and Family Welfare)
 and another one for ''Non-medical professionals''(The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Education).I did MBBS in India and then came to USA and I am working as a research scientist under J1 research scholar visa.
Usually, Research scientists, who did PhD, send the NORI application to non medical professional New Delhi address. Although I am a medical professional as I did MBBS, My research job comes under non-medical profession and I am not doing any residency or higher studies in USA. I am not sure where to send my documents to get no objection certificate whether to human resource development or health and family welfare.

Could you please help me to know where to sent my documents among those two addresses if someone did MBBS and working as a research scientist in USA and need NORI certificate?

Archived