H1 Under General Quota after Masters in USA

theknk123

Hi ,  Recently one of my friend ( who graduated from *********** university Falls church VA in 2012)applied for H1 through XYZ company under Masters Quota with client letter  and he received a Querey saying he should apply H1 under regular quota  not in Matsers Quota as ************** university is private and profit organization .

He spoke to Dean of the university and Dean said yes there is a new law introduced recently that who ever graduates from private and profit organization needs to apply H1 under general quota , but still eligible for OPT and OPT extension .

I am doing my masters in CS in same ************* university Falls Church VA and planning to graduate in dec 2013 ,i will be eligible fior OPT and OPT extension , but still is it worth  continuing masters in private and profit organization and apply h1 under Regular Quota ?

what are the pros and cons of applying H1 under regular quota vs matsers quota  , will my H1 gets picked  if i do in regular quota ? and what about my green card will i be eligible for EB2 or EB3 ???

Please suggest me ...

Thanks

Thanks Rahul...

Oh, and it isn't a new law.

This rule was always in the law. It wasn't enforced until recently.

Going to a for-profit university is just a waste of money.

Find a public university. Better quality, and generally cheaper.

Your masters from a fly-by-night university will not qualify for EB2 processing.  It will only get you a job from a poor quality employer. If you do not have thew background to attend a decent university, go home for more education and come back when you are qualified.

and for EB2???

For the H1 advanced degree quota, the advanced degree has to come from an accredited, public or private non-profit US university.

There is no such rule in effect for EB2 at this point. For EB2, the job has to require an advanced degree, and the person has to have the required degree from an accredited university, either a US degree or a degree from an accredited university abroad. That makes it impossible to distinguish between non-profit and for-profit universities, since this information may not be available in other countries. For the proposed STEM GC rules in the CIR, they probably will have a rule similar to the H1 advanced degree quota.

Archived