Travel without passport ?


Recommended Posts



I have a small query. Is it possible to travel within Canada after submitting your passport and other required documents for H1-B stamp to US consulate in canada.


So basically I will submit the documents to US Consulate in Ottawa and I will travel to Vancouver by flight. I will have the xerox of my passport and visas, with my US driving licenses. Is it good to do that. Moreover I will collect my passport and other documents from Vancouver after H1-B stamping rather than Ottawa.



Link to comment

As long as you are not travelling outside of the county you don't need passport. However you need to provide proof of a local address. I believe you don't have any document to prove your have local address in Canada so they need your passport as a foreign address proof. If you are travelling by air with in canada they might ask your original passport. Photo copies  will not work for sure.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.