No PIMS but visa approved Vancouver.

vsiaboy

Hi Guys,

After all documentation, security checks  I was waiting on 20th floor for my turn there were several guys waiting for their turn. and at counter 3. there was already an interview going on and I can clearly hear them I dont know what happened before but

Finally, VO said to the applicant : " You are young and you have a great future ahead it is not like you have family and got everything  in US you are still single so I better suggest to reapply again and I cannot issue your visa right now" and denied his visa and at that moment I wanted to ask the guy what happened but he left immediately and I was waiting for my turn  that's it my self confidence gone down to half. I was praying God that I should get another counter apart from 3 coz he just denied visa to somebody. So, Finally they called me to counter 3 ...I thought I am f6ked .

VO: How are you? so

me: I am fine. how are you?

VO: I am fine thanks. how long have you been working for this employer.

me: Since so and so date.

VO: How many clients have you changed since you joined your employer?

me: said. 

VO: Do you have an end client?

me: Yes

VO: Give me your LCA and client letter.

me: Gave

He was typing something in the system.

VO: He asked W2s and all the paystubs since Jan 2012.

Note: My employer had some problems with the company in the past.

VO: looks like your employer has some problems in the past with the company.

me: No, he has nothing to do with the company anymore he left the company.

VO: Do you have legal documents related to your company's new management.

me: Gave all the legal documents and explained him what happened with the company and about all those documents contain.

He went inside and had a long discussion with his colleagues.

VO: Do you have amended petition?

me: the I797 that you are looking at is my amended petition.

VO: Give me all your previous petitions.

VO: Why was your H1B denied for the first time?

me: because employer was unable to provide direct employment with the client. ( had vendors in between)

VO: Do you have any vendors  in between your company and client?

me: No. Showed him direct contract between my employer and company.

He was typing something 

VO: Ok, I am approving your visa however, you have not updated your new petition details in DS-160 form also PIMS has not been updated.  (Gave a paper to track my passport) If we need more details we will contact you by email or phone number.

me: Thanks, how long does it take to get my passport?

VO: Normally, it would take 3-5 business days but also PIMS need to be updated as well so it might take extra couple of days so you may have to wait till next weekend as there is a holiday inbetween as well.

I took the paper and documents and I left.

Still I don't believe this until I get my passport back.

Congrats on the visa. I have a question.

When VO asked for previous amended petitions, what did you give him? (797 or LCA)

I had 4 clients in 4 years and I have 4 LCAs for them but H1 amendment is not applied every time. My employer always said LCA need to be applied when client is changed but no need of H1 amendment as the employer is same..

Thank you..

Congrats on the visa. I have a question.

When VO asked for previous amended petitions, what did you give him? (797 or LCA)

I had 4 clients in 4 years and I have 4 LCAs for them but H1 amendment is not applied every time. My employer always said LCA need to be applied when client is changed but no need of H1 amendment as the employer is same..

Thank you..

I gave him all I797s and LCAs. and for you just show him all the LCAs of previous clients only if he asks...but I think if you have only the latest H1B amendment with the current client then you should be fine. All the best.

Archived