H1B stamping in Tijuana: my experience

221g_gotme

Hi all,

I just got back from Tijuana after getting my visa stamped.  I was there from June 25th - June 27th.

June 25:

Early morning flight to San Diego.  Took the trolley to San Ysidro and walked into Mexico.  I had a 1pm appointment at ASC which went fine.

June 26:

Took a taxi from the hotel at around 9:20am for my 10am interview.  Security check, documentation check and then fingerprint verification.

Interview went like this:

VO: You are here for an H visa?

Me: Yes.

VO: Is this for the same company?

VO: What do you do?

Me: Answered.

VO: What is your highest level of education?

VO: OK.  Your visa is approved.  Please come tomorrow at 2pm to pick it up.

Took a taxi back to the hotel and was back by 10:30am.

June 27:

Taxi to consulate to pick up my passport and then straight to the border.  Took about 40 minutes to get through passport control.  Took the trolley/bus to the airport and then flight back home.

This was my second stamping in Tijuana.  I went last August as well and it went pretty much the same.  Hope this helps.

Firstly I would like to congratulate you for the VISA stamping done successfully in Mexico.

I am planning to go to Metamorous, Mexico  for the same. 

Recently I got my H1B extension and i am with same employer.

I would like to know, whether am I eligible to enter Mexico for getting H1B stamping.

Also, I would like to know do we need to have Mexican VISA to enter Mexico. If so how long will they issue the VISA. What are the questions they will ask to get initial Mexican Visa.

Please call me @ *************  or email me  at ***************gmail.com

Your valuable suggestion would be of great help. I am planning to go in July 2013

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I just got back from Tijuana after getting my visa stamped.  I was there from June 25th - June 27th.

June 25:

Early morning flight to San Diego.  Took the trolley to San Ysidro and walked into Mexico.  I had a 1pm appointment at ASC which went fine.

June 26:

Took a taxi from the hotel at around 9:20am for my 10am interview.  Security check, documentation check and then fingerprint verification.

Interview went like this:

VO: You are here for an H visa?

VO: Is this for the same company?

VO: What do you do?

VO: What is your highest level of education?

VO: OK.  Your visa is approved.  Please come tomorrow at 2pm to pick it up.

Took a taxi back to the hotel and was back by 10:30am.

June 27:

Taxi to consulate to pick up my passport and then straight to the border.  Took about 40 minutes to get through passport control.  Took the trolley/bus to the airport and then flight back home.

This was my second stamping in Tijuana.  I went last August as well and it went pretty much the same.  Hope this helps.

Thanks for sharing your visa experenice. I'm going to Tijuana for stamping next week and i have few questions 

On DS-160 confirmation address is given:

TJT

U.S.Consulate General Tijuana

Avenida Tapachula #96

Colonia Hipodromo

Tijuana, B.C. 22420

while website says:

Paseo de Las Culturas s/n, Mesa de Otay, Delegación Centenario, Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico C.P. 22425

Google maps shows two different location.

#1 Diego Rivera 2, Centro, 22000 Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (Consulado Americano)

#2 Paseo De Las Culturas s/n, Mesa de Otay , Centenario , 22425 Tijuana, Baja California, México (Consulado General De Los Estados Unidos- Tijuana)

where did you go ?

thanks

kevin

• 2 weeks later...

Archived