Apr 30 H1B under normal processing & LCA Question.

sachinisgod

My employer has filed for a cap-exempt petition (New visa to be issued abroad)  on Apr 30, and the current status is Initial review. Has any one who applied around the same time got the decision? 

Few questions as below. 

1) What is the timeline for approval /decision phase? Are they processed along with cap subject(lottery) petitions, or they get done earlier?? 
2) Also an LCA has been filed on behalf of my client(Oil major), but i have moved to a different project now(another oil major) . So is it a problem that I get approved for one LCA and get stamped/travel with another LCA?? Any impact of the same while appearing for stamping or at POE?? 

Thanks

Case processing time information can be found on the USCIS website. Generally, H1B petitions filed regular processing are adjudicated within 2-4 months of the receipt date. Generally, if the project changes while the petition is pending the petition can no longer be approved. Even if the petition is approved, it is highly likely the consular officer will refuse to issue the visa unless an amended petition is filed and approved first with details relating to the new project (new LCA, contracts, end client letter, etc.) Please schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney to discuss the specific facts relating to your case and the best strategy for moving forward.

Archived